• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, here goes, I am going to put my foot in it and expect many comments perhaps unpleasant.

In Silva I feel we have a manager in the mould of HK and given time and backing will be able to achieve some thing similar. Just hope we can keep him (and Brands) for many years to come to make us a real force again.

If you come back in 5 years time and you're still saying the same thing then I'll be delighted.

Waiting for this for a long long time.
Would go as far as saying this is one of the most significant performances in the last decade.
The point is irrelevant. This was a victory in ever other sense.

Undefeated after 90mins against a world class side trying to go hammer and tong against us, in their own backyard.
The midfield and backs were brilliant defending as a unit. They worked in harmony. The best I've seen for ages.
Hazard was imperious today, near Messi standard. Yet whatever ever his brilliance conjured up there was an answer.
Except for Alonso's poster the lads had everything covered.
When they did get through, Pickford had the angles covered.
It would have taken an absolutely brilliant goal to undo us.
Its why they didn't get many on target, they had go for the fine margins.

The substitution of Sig for Jags was significant.
It wasn't nerves or defeatist, it was confident, it was - we've got this and we're going to see it out, undefeated.
Huge couple of points dropped for Chelsea.

Going out and playing attacking football is one thing. You'll generally win as many as you lose if your half decent.
But you have to much more if your going contend for the title.

Up until this match I had considerable doubts about Silva.
Another Martinez maybe?
Lacking substance?
But another performance like this, against the RS, and surely this can be put to bed
A transition, a journey, worth believing in. COYB!

Waiting for this for a long long time.
Would go as far as saying this is one of the most significant performances in the last decade.
The point is irrelevant. This was a victory in ever other sense.

Undefeated after 90mins against a world class side trying to go hammer and tong against us, in their own backyard.
The midfield and backs were brilliant defending as a unit. They worked in harmony. The best I've seen for ages.
Hazard was imperious today, near Messi standard. Yet whatever ever his brilliance conjured up there was an answer.
Except for Alonso's poster the lads had everything covered.
When they did get through, Pickford had the angles covered.
It would have taken an absolutely brilliant goal to undo us.
Its why they didn't get many on target, they had go for the fine margins.

The substitution of Sig for Jags was significant.
It wasn't nerves or defeatist, it was confident, it was - we've got this and we're going to see it out, undefeated.
Huge couple of points dropped for Chelsea.

Going out and playing attacking football is one thing. You'll generally win as many as you lose if your half decent.
But you have to much more if your going contend for the title.

Up until this match I had considerable doubts about Silva.
Another Martinez maybe?
Lacking substance?
But another performance like this, against the RS, and surely this can be put to bed
A transition, a journey, worth believing in. COYB!
Welcome aboard the Silva bandwagon. Better late than never.

Welcome aboard the Silva bandwagon. Better late than never.
:p Thanks mate, but I prefer to walk.
Seriously though, you can have all the Richarlison step overs and clean pairs of heals by Walcott,
but what the lads did today was different.
Its the difference between being considered a threat in the match and being considered a threat in the competition.
We sent a message out to the other top sides about where we are heading.
Up until now that hasn't be shown.
Big difference between today and the 3-1 vs Brighton.

His pragmatism is really starting to shine thru we have been defiensively superb since Zouma and Keane have being main stays. I feel like his style requires a fair amount of football intelligence and we are seeing that now with the improved form

MarcoLive.png

Status
Not open for further replies.