• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Todays game was a good first step towards improving the defending. One of the biggest reasons there is a gulf between the top teams and the rest of the table is the defence. When you are giving up 0.7 goals per game its awfully hard to lose, and its easier to win 1-0 even on an off day. So far this season we have actually been really good from the run of play, but its been set pieces that have been the downfall. If we were able to reduce those to league-average levels, we could compete with the best every match. Were within a few goals of being top 4 in scoring, getting the defence sorted on set pieces might vault the defence into the top 4 territory as well. And when you are 4th in scoring, and 4th in goals allowed....well.....

The way i see it, we're right in the mix for 5th.Top 4 might be too big of an ask.But this season, is turning out to be better than i expected.In terms of where i thought we would be rebuilding wise, we are ahead of the curve.Now we need to take it up a notch, and win at a major ground.I can think of no better place than anfield!

In the league have we had a bad performance under him ?

For me we have been in every game; Huddersfield at home probably our worst and we got a point.

So much for Marco being unable to coach defending. lol

One of the most impressive bits of this season has been our balance.

Slightly disappointed in the lack of chances today but that shows the progress we’ve made this season. A point away against a very good side today was really important to keep the momentum going.

I hope he gives Lookman a start against Cardiff. Some glimpses of quality in his cameos have been enough to deserve a chance in my view.

Assuming Gylfi is injured for the next game, we should put Bernard in the middle and start Lookman on the left.

Just been reading an article on ToffeeWeb:

https://toffeeweb.com/season/18-19/comment/fanscomment/37395.html

I have to agree with the sentiments of the writer. I often use the excuse or say 'Everton that'.

It runs through the club. We actually do not believe anything good can happen to us.

Times are changing. As fans, we should stop accepting that we can't win against the Sky 6.

Start believing.

It's coming and I am not saying 'Everton that' again.

The fact that he targeted Jorginho, knowing he is vital to the way Sarri plays was an excellent tactic, especially as it worked to a tee and ge came off.

Wd rode a storm for a period in the second half but with a team with the anount of quality Chelsea have, that was always going to happen.

At least any concerns that he's another Martinez or he cant organise a defence have been put to bed.

We did well today but we´ve seen those performances before. Hard to break down but carrying little threat. Can we take it to the next level and hurt these times? Hopefully we can but I think it´ll still be a while.

Thought we carried a lot more threat than previous years, just lacking a touch of quality with the final pass/touch.

Bringing a CB on and playing for a draw away at a Sky club is a good call.

Judging by recent performances and results, I am stating to be convinced by the manager.

A well hard earned point today. Well done.

I dont even necessarily think he was playing for the draw, I think it enabled Coleman and Digne to push further forward.

Even West ham they wasn't that good they just took their chances and we never

We was terrible against Huddersfield though. Still pains me now we didn't win that given how [Poor language removed] they are

Those 5 dropped points are a real shame.
Tbf we are only just at the start of a huge rebuilding job and 12 games in, are matching a free scoring Chelsea away from home.

Hope we have a real good go at the FA Cup this year and consolidate the squad ahead of a top 4 crack next season.

Thought we carried a lot more threat than previous years, just lacking a touch of quality with the final pass/touch.

I dont even necessarily think he was playing for the draw, I think it enabled Coleman and Digne to push further forward.

Yes, if the ref does his job properly and sends Jorginho off we are in the driving seat for 3 points.

When you see a dreadful tackle like that go without the correct punishment you are weary of expressing yourself.

A hard earned point today.

Status
Not open for further replies.