Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No I did
He was evenhanded I felt and not as awful as lots of refs we've had recently
kind of agree. His mistakes at least seemed human and he called it evenly

Finding it really hard to agree here. Second half is ok. First half was just a miracle that we didn't have two serious injuries from really reckless challenges. And booking Bernard for just standing? And he literarily only reaches Rüdigers chest. I try hard to ignore this ref debate but there were really some poor ones today as well. I welcome VAR.

cardiff are woeful away from home

if we can give gomes, richy and siggy an extra week's rest ahead of the derby then im up for that, tosun, davies and lookman are more than capable of disposing cardiff

If Siggy is injured yes, but really apart from Mina for Zouma and Lookman for Walcott I would not change anyone at present.

Yes, it shows we have some resilience and can battle again, something we've not been used to I guess. No more capitulation. Well done blues. However let's not take away the fact that at times in the second half we were holding on. Chelsea had a few chances in that second half that narrowly missed. Some of their interplay was breathtaking. I feel if we were more clinical in front of goal we would take huge leaps forward in terms of confidence and becoming a top team. I hope one day in the next few years we may see an Everton who not just show resilience against a top four team but can also finish them off. I fear we are many tens of millions of transfer fees away from this but it looks like we have the right manager etc. Well done lads.

To put today’s result (and our away record against the top 6) into context, in 29 home games (before today) for the top 6 this season, only once have they not beaten a non-top 6 side (when Wolves drew with City). And even top 6 sides have only won away 3 times when playing away against each other - two of those three being City away wins.

A draw away at Chelsea is a good result, keeps us in touching distance of 6th place, also now on 19 points, only 21 more to go to 40 points and safety, which is 7 wins and we have 26 remaining games, COYB’s

Status
Not open for further replies.