Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good performance, we deserved a point...

Still light in the final third, relying on siggurdsson & Richarlison to get the goals....

Nice to see us playing the ball through midfield & taking on a top 4 side now we got more quality players in the team...

We have a journey to make but we are traveling down that winding road & need to pick up a few more quality players along the way...

Good all around team performance,held our nerve in the face of some real adversity,well deserved point,worry to me is we'll have picked up some injuries,maybe digne shaded it,though Pickford made a couple of decent saves.

..I went for Richarlison. He did nothing of note from a creative perspective but he was a very effective ‘out ball’ in a game where our defence needed relief. He also won his fair share of headers against Luiz.

Richarlison will have games where he stands out but I guarantee his team mates appreciated him today. I still think he’s most effective out wide (imagine the opportunities Walcott and Bernard had today falling to him) but I accept he’s currently our best striker.

Pickford is looking the part but more importantly for me, i’m trusting him. Signs are good for Mina, fine debut and introduction to this league. Mina will be a fixture in the team. Digne was terrific in the first half but just had a few wobbles late on.

Jorginho's tackle on Sigurdsson was a red all day long, Kante tried to drag Gomes back during a breakaway near the end (and was on a yellow at the time) and Morata was diving all over the shop but only got booked for backchat, then dived right in front of the linesman. (edit) You could even make the argument for Alonso's tackle on Walcott as well but none of the officials even saw that.

standard officiating in this league then. Why do they all [Poor language removed] themselves for sending off players for top 6 teams? Remember schneiderlin getting sent off v city last season, we never get reds like that in our favour in such games.

A point away to Chelsea is a very good result. A clean sheet is good. All in all a good day. A nice break now to get players back fit, a good home win and then the derby. We are definitely getting there. Ship a few more out in the next window and buy a centre forward. I would put all our money into getting a good goal scorer.

I went for Keane just because I can't recall him doing anything I hated besides him attempting to head the ball during an attacking corner.

Seriously, that's all I want him to do until January: practice heading at goal. He is just so so so so so bad at it.
I'd also like Silva getting two or three players practicing taking corners, we wasted nearly every one today, happy with the point. very happy with the performance, we are definitely improving with every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.