Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dogged performance, Richarlson, Walcott and Bernard poor. Thought Sigurdsson stood out and had a good game, some good through balls from him, he was sloppy on a few occasions, defensive side of his game was spot on to keep Jorginho quiet.

I think that's right. Just lacking a bit of quality at times, bit of touch and accuracy on passes. Thought Richy actually looked okay at fending off the CBs and winning stuff in the air, but he didn't make the best decisions with the ball at times. He's just more of a winger, really.

Walcott played well, imo.

One sloppy touch let him down. And yes, it was a big chance.

Other than that he defended well, worked hard attacking, and linked up when he got the chance.
He didn't play badly, just seemed to panic a couple of times. Can't fault his work rate at all. Very good team display to be fair.

Well it's a serious step in the right direction.

We had some good half-chances, nothing clear. Even Bernard's was more of a bit of luck. Walcott's poor touch would probably have been our best chance.

Pickford made some saves, we got a bit lucky, but it's a brilliant point at one of the best teams in Europe. We went to win, that's the important thing.
Makes me think this manager can set us up to be difficult to beat too. I agree we got a bit lucky for a period during the 2nd half. But we also did well defensively in the last 10 mins plus stoppage time. A good sign.
A step in the right direction.

Didn't see the game but was it close? I saw a comment on here saying they should have been down to 9 men?

Jorginho's tackle on Sigurdsson was a red all day long, Kante tried to drag Gomes back during a breakaway near the end (and was on a yellow at the time) and Morata was diving all over the shop but only got booked for backchat, then dived right in front of the linesman. (edit) You could even make the argument for Alonso's tackle on Walcott as well but none of the officials even saw that.

Jorginho's tackle on Sigurdsson was a red all day long, Kante tried to drag Gomes back during a breakaway near the end (and was on a yellow at the time) and Morata was diving all over the shop but only got booked for backchat, then dived right in front of the linesman. (edit) You could even make the argument for Alonso's tackle on Walcott as well but none of the officials even saw that.

A proper toilet duck display from Friend.

Plagued by incompetent refs in games against the top 6, especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.