2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are.not in that league yet....you sound so impatient. Going to take a while yet to recover from the martinez/koeman/bfs disasters.....what did you expect???

Impatient? Mate its 24 years this season without a trophy.

Im not old enough to ever see us lift a trophy or league title whilst having RS family members laud the success over the years like Istanbul etc.

I've travelled up and down the country seeing us build teams over years to only lose players and have to start the process all over again.

Lescott
Arteta
Fellaini
Stones
Barkley
Lukaku

Just some to name, add in missing key signings at moments where we could have pushed on

I.e a top striker under certain seasons with Moyes

A quality GK and defence under Martinez (not helped by his style I agree)

Lack of a top striker last season and this where 6th spot is definitely up for grabs.

I think im being rather realistic in that to ever truly compete in this league you need to be financially backed to the hilt.

Im impressed with what Brands has said but I cant help but feel the backing will never be enough to catapult us into the top 6 / win trophies - more enough to grab 7th at best season in season out which when you think about it like that it is rather sad.

Then factor in Gomes and Zouma being permanent and Brands adding 4 more quality players by the end of summer window.

Whats highlighted in every comparison is the need for a new right back and right forward...

If we had those two players e.g Wan Bissaka and Lozano we'd have a superior 11 than both Spurs and Arsenal...then add 2 more and we'd look strong off the bench also.
Wan Bissaka is not better than Trippier. Will people please stop treating him like he's world class after 10 'kin games.

Impatient? Mate its 24 years this season without a trophy.

Im not old enough to ever see us lift a trophy or league title whilst having RS family members laud the success over the years like Istanbul etc.

I've travelled up and down the country seeing us build teams over years to only lose players and have to start the process all over again.

Lescott
Arteta
Fellaini
Stones
Barkley
Lukaku

Just some to name, add in missing key signings at moments where we could have pushed on

I.e a top striker under certain seasons with Moyes

A quality GK and defence under Martinez (not helped by his style I agree)

Lack of a top striker last season and this where 6th spot is definitely up for grabs.

I think im being rather realistic in that to ever truly compete in this league you need to be financially backed to the hilt.

Im impressed with what Brands has said but I cant help but feel the backing will never be enough to catapult us into the top 6 / win trophies - more enough to grab 7th at best season in season out which when you think about it like that it is rather sad.

Well argued. Tempted to agree with you but I still have the typical football reporter's optimism that we can win trophies by means other than vast wealth.

Wan Bissaka is not better than Trippier. Will people please stop treating him like he's world class after 10 'kin games.

Cant exactly tell if hes better than Trippier or not as hes playing for Palace. In our system though he would have a lot more freedom which (like in TAA) case could suit him down to the ground.

I dont think Trippier is that good to be honest...certainly not compared to other right backs through the years.

Its weird, right? He had one good game against us and people think he’s christ reborn.

Very good in a number of games this season, in the games either side of us vs Wolves and Arsenal he was class, same yesterday against Spurs.

Cant get past the boy.

I dont think Trippier is that good to be honest...certainly not compared to other right backs through the years.
Maybe not. But I think most would agree he was arguably the best right back at the world cup in the summer.

But my point is not about Trippier. It's about going completely overboard about a 21 year who has a handful of games at the top level. He may or may not turn out to be a very good right back but at this time he is much more potential than the finished article. The sort of figures being bandied about are ridiculous.

I tried to focus on him in the game yesterday, but to be honest the game was that boring I kept switching over to the Dortmund/Bayern game. If you really want to see a world class right back just watch Bayern every week.

From what I saw of Wan Bissaka in the Spurs game, he did a couple of decent tackles and one attacking moment, but he also made 2 basic defensive errors that would have seen Kenny absolutely slaughtered on here.

I'd have to say
Picko over Leno or Cech
Bellerin over Coleman
Keane over Holding
Zouma and Mustafi are probably equal
Digne over Kolasinac
Xhaka over Gana
Torreira over Gomes
Richarlison over Mkhitaryan maybe
Ozil over Sigg
Auba over Walcott
Lacazette over any of our strikers

combined
Pickford
Bellerin Keane Zouma Digne
Torreira Xhaka
Aubameyang Ozil Richarlison
Lacazette​
5 out of 11. Not bad but that Arsenal midfield and forwards are strong.
Would honestly have Iceland over ozil

Maybe not. But I think most would agree he was arguably the best right back at the world cup in the summer.

But my point is not about Trippier. It's about going completely overboard about a 21 year who has a handful of games at the top level. He may or may not turn out to be a very good right back but at this time he is much more potential than the finished article. The sort of figures being bandied about are ridiculous.

I tried to focus on him in the game yesterday, but to be honest the game was that boring I kept switching over to the Dortmund/Bayern game. If you really want to see a world class right back just watch Bayern every week.

From what I saw of Wan Bissaka in the Spurs game, he did a couple of decent tackles and one attacking moment, but he also made 2 basic defensive errors that would have seen Kenny absolutely slaughtered on here.

I wonder how Kyle John will progress.
He looks very assured and is developing well according to reports.

I do like Wan Bissaka but trust us to recruit what we need sensibly.

Not doubting his quality Zat, he looks like a really good prospect.

Vinicius junior signed for Madrid at 16 for £38mil.

I think we'll go for Militao...fits the profile and rumoured to be in for him in the summer.

I do think we'll look at 'value' and if we can include Niasse or Tosun in a deal then it may present better value than simply selling them and buying someone.

Quite interesting about Kyle John...seems to have come from nowhere.

Vinicius junior signed for Madrid at 16 for £38mil.

I think we'll go for Militao...fits the profile and rumoured to be in for him in the summer.

I do think we'll look at 'value' and if we can include Niasse or Tosun in a deal then it may present better value than simply selling them and buying someone.

Quite interesting about Kyle John...seems to have come from nowhere.

I like the idea of having Kenny & John as our right back options in a few years time.
Sounds like a BBC sitcom show.

I like him too mate and think he's an excellent prospect. But that's all he is at the moment. At least give him until the end of the season so he's had a full year at the top level. Palace won't sell cheap so if we do go after him we need to make sure. I trust Brands too.

Far too early to say with Kyle Johns yet. Only 17 and, like Wan Bissaka and Trent Arnold too, is a converted winger. Unsworth doesn't build up many of his youngsters and he rates him. Says he has the physicality which is half the battle with these young kids.

I like him too mate and think he's an excellent prospect. But that's all he is at the moment. At least give him until the end of the season so he's had a full year at the top level. Palace won't sell cheap so if we do go after him we need to make sure. I trust Brands too.

Far too early to say with Kyle Johns yet. Only 17 and, like Wan Bissaka and Trent Arnold too, is a converted winger. Unsworth doesn't build up many of his youngsters and he rates him. Says he has the physicality which is half the battle with these young kids.

Interesting to see his pace and decision making...sessegnons decision making today has been awful for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.