Possible January striker targets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s the thing with Zaha, his goal and assist return is very poor for a player getting touted around for 60/70mil.

Like you say about him not having a shot, I don’t remember a quality pass or Cros from him either. He did win the pen I suppose.
yeah but Richarlison and Bernard will win just as many in a season.
Zaha won't leave Palace any time soon because he likes being a big fish in a very small pond. if he goes to one of the big boys he has to actually deliver where as right now he can fail and blame it on his team mates, manager or tactics. Rom did the same during a bad patch here, it wasn't his fault it was that the quality around him didn't match his. The difference is Lukaku as deluded as he may be at times isn't afraid to try and back up his own hype - Zaha is, especially after failing at United previously.

Luka Jovic is one to keep an eye on. Good record for E. Frankfurt and Serbian U-21's.

On loan from benfica but don't know what the score is with regards to him leaving permanently

Wan Bissaka, Lozano and Werner. Would be ecstatic if any of these arrived over the next two windows. If I could have a preference it would be Werner in January. If we offered Lookman in part exchange we might stand a chance come January.

Last edited:
Wan Bissaka, Lozano and Werner. Would be ecstatic if any of these arrived over the next two windows. If I could have a preference it would be Werner in January. If we offered Lookman in part exchange we might stand a chance come January.
We need PSV to get knocked out the champions league & miss out on europa.

Then in January offer £40 million for Lozano he will be cup tied for champions league would champions league clubs really pay that for a player who isn't going to be able play in the competion until next season. Possibly just can't see any chance of signing him unless it's January we need the stars to align. Doubt many if any non champions league clubs can afford anywhere near that figure.

I think at the moment Richarlison is our first choice striker, with Bernard Left and Walcott Right. I don’t think this is a bad option as we have Cenk Tosun as back up and DCL, Niasse is rumoured to be off to Turkey, so potentially looking at someone to come in and be 4th choice, I’m not sure we would get anyone fantastic for that, possibly someone on loan. We were linked to Thorgan Hazard today, but he is more of a wide player than a center forward

I think at the moment Richarlison is our first choice striker, with Bernard Left and Walcott Right. I don’t think this is a bad option as we have Cenk Tosun as back up and DCL, Niasse is rumoured to be off to Turkey, so potentially looking at someone to come in and be 4th choice, I’m not sure we would get anyone fantastic for that, possibly someone on loan. We were linked to Thorgan Hazard today, but he is more of a wide player than a center forward
Don’t see the point in buying a 4th choice forward. We need to buy a 1st choice and push the others back.

Just watching highlights of bruges and Monaco. That Wesley looks a talent up front for bruges.
Bernard and Wesley. Exciting

Linked in summer werent we...target man?

Don’t see the point in buying a 4th choice forward. We need to buy a 1st choice and push the others back.

If were playing on the counter then Richarlison should be the 1st choice but we need a target man type to win headers when defences sit deep...at the moment the options are DCL and Tosun. Thats fine until the end of the season...lets see how they do?

The priority should be sorting out the right side with Wan Bissaka (or similar) and Lozano.

Think we deffo need to look for quality over quantity at this stage. We have Tosun and DCL who can ‘do a job’. I dunno whether they are going to go out and spend £50m-£60m on one player in Jan but that’s probably what it needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.