New Everton Stadium Discussion

No different to our blue nose mayor who supported anfields extension

Quite. Any Mayor, metro or otherwise, that would prevent a regeneration programme in their city or area, with billions of pounds, and thousands of jobs at stake, based on what football team they support, would never have become a mayor in the first place.

Its the runes mate. Read them. Positive sounds today, from previously silent facilitators.

Almost like they have been told the bigger picture.....
We're in a sorry state if we're reading runes or tea leaves.

Rotherham and Burnham have one thing in mind when they speak: holding central government to their promises to devolve powers and resources to the metro authorities. I tend to view anything Rotherham says through that prism.

Rotherham is a careerist who launched a grab for a lot of Anderson's powers, and the joke is that the power wasn't there. Take no notice of him, he's just trying to look relevant.

Why?

As in, why is he wanting in on this terminally failed project? Like I say, read the runes, between the lines.....
I didn't say he does. I said he wouldn't advance it if it were down to him. And I said that it wasn't down to him anyway because he has zero influence. The metro mayors are holograms.

I'm reading no runes other than a the words of a man who needs to justify his role.

What do you see in the runes?

Right thats it, it's off..

And later he said: "It's a brownfield site and it (the stadium plan) will breathe new life into an area that's been crying out for investment for generations."
Asked later about the timing of the stadium scheme, Mayor Rotheram said: "At the moment that still lies with the local authority and the Secretary of State. In 2020 we will have a spatial development strategy which means that the metro mayor takes responsibility then for a lot more of those planning issues.
"We expect that Everton will have a ground before then, so it will have gone through the current regime."

A previously arsed facilitator. Knows the game in play.

I didn't say he does. I said he wouldn't advance it if it were down to him. And I said that it wasn't down to him anyway because he has zero influence. The metro mayors are holograms.

I'm reading no runes other than a the words of a man who needs to justify his role.

What do you see in the runes?

Movement. Buy ins. Breaking cover.