New Everton Stadium Discussion

If anyone hasnt read the full Echo piece on that tweet, I suggest they do.

To paraphrase, Everton getting global recognition as one of the worlds best community clubs, and that will continue with the new stadium supporting all sorts of stuff, plus the hub at Goodison of course.

Makes quite a contrast with some other clubs near by.

Just seen this news on skyscrapercity, but from a different (better) article. The actual quote about 2020 is this...

The club already has architect Meis on board, and although a contractor has yet to be appointed, it is hoped the stadium will open in 2022 with a planning application expected this year. Rotheram joined other panellists in criticising the current planning process and the difficulty in getting complex schemes through to approval quickly. He said that by pushing for more devolved powers from Government, he hoped to have a spatial development strategy and more control over planning by 2020, but said: “Everton is set to have a spade in the ground before then, so will be navigating the current system.”

https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/mipim-uk-everton-will-be-more-than-a-stadium/
why wont this link open?

Don't forget the wider picture. The financial future is uncertain because of Brexit. Many companies have stopped investment in new projects because of potential unpredictably in trading after Brexit. Just take steel, for example. A stadium uses a lot of steel. Scunthorpe receives about 20,000 tonnes of iron ore a day, and a similar amount of coal. Both raw materials come from a mix of countries, Poland, Russia, US, Canada, Brazil and other South American countries, with whom we have trade agreements through the EU until Brexit. If no deal, no trade agreements - what then?

The steelworks are already hit by US trade sanctions, with British Steel losing 500 jobs with many, I would think, at Scunthorpe.

Who, in their right mind, would be going ahead with the build of a large stadium at this time when financing will be particularly difficult and the future so uncertain. I would wait for the situation to be come clearer.

Indeed. I can understand from a fan point of view why they wouldn't want it. Hell if they bought BM instead of expanding the pit I would be secretly hoping for something to scupper it - good for the city or not. However you would hope someone who really has the best interests of the city at heart to rise above all that. If I was voted in as Mayor or Metro Mayor I would like to be remembered as someone who drove the city forward not let it stagnate while cities like Manchester go from strength to strength.

This.

Can't be bothered getting left further behind by Manchester.

Just imagine how excited this place will beomce they finally announce that a funding deal is in place and / or planning permission has been applied for.

It's so frustrating I wish the club would atleast release images of the stadium design or capacity etc. Just something for us to get behind in the interim period.

Just imagine how excited this place will beomce they finally announce that a funding deal is in place and / or planning permission has been applied for.

It's so frustrating I wish the club would atleast release images of the stadium design or capacity etc. Just something for us to get behind in the interim period.

Not sure they are arsed what goes on in here mate. Cant blame them really.

Its frustrating, and we all want to see what it will look like, but patience, (yeah, I know), plus a dollop of dot to dot joining, and everything makes more sense.

That presentation down in London today for example. Read between the lines.....