2018/19 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
you know what, rewind a few years ago when our captain was saying a top 10 finish should be good enough for our fans or even to last season when the media were asking us what more do we expect? we should be grateful to Allardyce!
It's actually nice to hear someone within the club say no we want more.

What about at the start of Martinez's first season, after we signed Lukaku he said that whilst having a chat witht the squad he said he told Jags something like "I think we could do well this season and get 4th".... Jagielka laughed at him.

We missed out on 4th by a few points.

I'm sure Jags is a nice guy but his lack of ambition must have rubbed off on the squad.

What about at the start of Martinez's first season, after we signed Lukaku he said that whilst having a chat witht the squad he said he told Jags something like "I think we could do well this season and get 4th".... Jagielka laughed at him.

We missed out on 4th by a few points.

I'm sure Jags is a nice guy but his lack of ambition must have rubbed off on the squad.
Jags is a nice guy, a ability wise a top class defender but mentality wise he’s one of a vast number of underdogs we’ve signed over the years. Not a bad thing during the Moyes era when we didn’t have the funds. Back then being the underdog meant we had to dig deeper and work harder to exceed expectations and most years we did just that.

Now though, with big money comes big expectations and sadly being the underdog isn’t enough anymore. Jags at his peak was an incredible defender but his mentality will always be that of the plucky underdog punching above his weight.

Absolutely love his comments.

Exactly what you want to hear, a bit of optimism. Fed up of hearing our own players talk us down as it has a direct impact on performances, certainly hasn't helped our record in big games, derbies or away at the so called big 5 has it?

We have good players. When fit I'd say we are just as strong as Arsenal and Spurs.

Season before he joined us 19 goals in 37 games suggests you are talking wam.

Not the first time you've spouted off without doing a little homework.

10 league goals. 5 goals in the FA Cup and 4 in Europe. Who was the opposition?

5 goals in 20 games for us. Amazing, isn’t it?

Must know hes being replaced by Lozano :eek:
Very strange sense of imagination you Zat.Walcotts not going anywhere mate.

If Brands / Silva really wanted Lozano dont you think he'd be here already. Had all summer to make a move for him and not a peep....from us or any other club.
I really like Lozano but one thing is for sure it wont be at Theo's expense.

Any top 4 push will probably be thwarted by all those points we threw away. I’m still glad that the lads are aiming high. We are desperate to change the mentaility here.

Almost as good as Niasse or DCL ....really amazing.
Fantastic return for a wide man.
Yeah, them prolific strikers. Arsenal aren’t even at the level we want to be at, so we won’t be surpassing them, as Theo’s comments suggest is the aim, of we’re signing players like him.

Yeah, them prolific strikers. Arsenal aren’t even at the level we want to be at, so we won’t be surpassing them, as Theo’s comments suggest is the aim, of we’re signing players like him.
Say What ?
You think we should be at a higher level than Arsenal ?
Thats just crazy , they own their own top of the range stadium , 19 successive years of Champions lge . Countless trophies .New manager and backing that can attract the very best players in football.
Your credability is slipping by each post.

Say What ?
You think we should be at a higher level than Arsenal ?
Thats just crazy , they own their own top of the range stadium , 19 successive years of Champions lge . Countless trophies .New manager and backing that can attract the very best players in football.
Your credability is slipping by each post.
What on Earth are you on about? Do you think we should not try to change at all and stay where we are forever? Did Ambramovic say ‘Man Utd own their own stadium, are constantly in the Champions League and have countless trophies, best not try and get past them’.

Football runs in cycles, going into the Premier League, Everton were neck-and-neck with Arsenal. We should be striving to get back to a level where we’re competing for league titles. Or shall we just stop here and accept that our current place is the best it can b for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.