• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
See that’s the thing
Lads go to a football match to watch football , not hoofball and expected defeats
Look at the performance and attitude under Silva last Sunday compared to the performance ( or lack of )last season in the same fixture under the corrupt brown envelope taking gravy guzzling dinosaur and his kopite urine drinking buddy
I know which game I preferred

I agree with you there. We were terrible last time at the Emirates.
But remember what we said against Man Utd at OT 17/18, the scoreline did not reflect the result and after that we just kept on losing. RK was then sacked. Hopefully Silva will get this sorted out and I do hope so, but if not then he is in real trouble if we continue losing games.

Remember there is no Bible to play football. You will not get four points to play in a certain way.

Of course I know that, I am not stupid. But he has not lasted long in his previous clubs. Are you aware of that?

BS did get us out of trouble, no mather how much you liked the football or not. TIme will tell if we continuing to lose. Hope not!

Did we have good defenses at other clubs? Hint: Yes, he did.

And no, he did not get us out of trouble. We were tied for 12th and 2 points out of ninth when he took over. If you are impressed that he got us 3 points on the field, while spending 50M in January, getting Coleman and Baines back, not having to deal with Europe, having a cakewalk for a schedule, having minimal cup interference, etc., then I'm not sure what to tell you. Unsworth could've done that without humiliating the club and playing dreadful football for months.

So, again, bed.

Well it's purely semantics then.

To me, a counter is when you quickly win the ball back and break. Whether that be from deep or from high up. I'm not into all the technical terms of vertical passing, turnovers etc. It's a counter, in my eyes.

For the first goal, I'm not blaming any of our players. My point was Arsenal got lucky with a bounce/failed clearance and Lacazette had the quality to punish us. In an ideal world, Kenny would have shown Lacazette the left side but he would have then been into the box and there's a chance of a pen/goal anyway.

Three v Kenny has nothing to do with tactics. It has to do with Zouma making a bad mistake and then diving in. Arsenal break, Keane steps up to play an offside and Kenny doesn't (as he has a habit of doing at the moment).

Arsenal then get lucky with a blatant offside, but it came from a mistake. That's not tactics.

Stop looking to blame Silva for that. Mistakes happen and bad bounces happen. The issue is that we didn't finish the chances when we had them. The tactics (which you describe very adequately at the start of your post) were key in us creating those chances, because we applied pressure to the Arsenal line and had the pace to capitalise.

You can criticise fairly, like why did he not change it up when we went 1-0 down or just before, when we were on top but it was clear DCL was flagging. Or why did it take 20 minutes for us to reorganise?

So the tactics worked. The goals we conceded were down to individual mistakes or errors in judgement from players at that point, plus a quality finish and a stunningly bad piece of officiating.
If you want describe 4 to 5 players commiting to a press in the oppositipn build up phase while leaving huge spaces in between them and the backs - as counter attacking tactics, so be it.
A proper counter attack approach against Arsenal was the right play and we probably would have won doing so.

But they didn't. They either didn't hold their nerve or Silva had other instructions.

The way to beat Everton at the moment is to draw the two CMs into the play around the half way. If youve got decent players who can hold the ball and work combinations then you can be sure at the moment we'll fall for it. Davies is almost becomimg a parody, like a shuffling deer in the headlights one minute, chargong in too late the next.

Falling for it, bc the team either doesn't compress the space based on what Gana and Davies are doing or cant because the movements of Gana are everywhere and Davies' ineffective. So this type of play makes is make the defending part more disorganised, more difficult to pull off as a team.
To play thos way in attack your going to need to have players who can keep possesion. You can't always take the option you call a counter because it's just increasing the defensive vulnerabilities.

So the opposition tactics are easy - play to get in behind the CMs and which ever of our wing backs is highest. At times like against West Ham the red carpet was pretty much rolled out for them

We just keep getting sucked in. We don't have the quality to hold possession at the moment but Silva persists anyway.
If Arsenal got it together in the first half they would of scored against us. It should have been 2-1 either way at half time.
But the way we're set up we wouldnt been able to hold on to a lead against in the 2nd half.
Emry sized up Silvas tactics and Arsenal came out after half time and did the job.
Have a look at how Xhaka, the new fella and Ramsey played. I actually felt sorry for Gana in the end. Without him it would have been 3 or 4.

The concern is Silva doesn't have the ability to build the foundations.
The concern is that after 2 to 3 yrs of Silva we are going to be no closer to getting these foundations.

What we'll see is some decent players in Rico, Bernard, Gomes Mina come in and play to mid table overall, and with a better striker, possibly skirting the edges of a top 6. But we will be no closer to establishing a foothold in it.
After waiting years, (post the conservative Moyes/Kenwright era) to have Martinez piss it away, and have Koeman, Unsworth, BFS unable to build a proper foundation, you just have to excuse some of us for not living on false hope.
The frustration, resignation and outrage is justified.
Many of the criticisms and concerns of Silva are valid.
As a foreigner I say this as somewhat of an outsider - the club, the people of Everton, the mighty Goodison, deserves better - than what the latest incarnation is serving up.

I agree with you there. We were terrible last time at the Emirates.
But remember what we said against Man Utd at OT 17/18, the scoreline did not reflect the result and after that we just kept on losing. RK was then sacked. Hopefully Silva will get this sorted out and I do hope so, but if not then he is in real trouble if we continue losing games.

Remember there is no Bible to play football. You will not get four points to play in a certain way.
We are not going to win the league any time soon
All I want to see is 11 lads trying the hardest , giving it their all , nice attractive football and trying to win football matches no matter who or where we are playing
With our squad if we do that we will win more than we lose

See that’s the thing
Lads go to a football match to watch football , not hoofball and expected defeats
Look at the performance and attitude under Silva last Sunday compared to the performance ( or lack of )last season in the same fixture under the corrupt brown envelope taking gravy guzzling dinosaur and his kopite urine drinking buddy
I know which game I preferred
And it WILL have results, it's just a matter of time. Imagine playing that way with a better striker and #8? Or with just a healthy squad? THAT should get us excited.

We are not going to win the league any time soon
All I want to see is 11 lads trying the hardest , giving it their all , nice attractive football and trying to win football matches no matter who or where we are playing
With our squad if we do that we will win more than we lose

Yes, hopefully!

It has been a underwhelming and frustrating start so far under Silva albeit with some mitigating circumstances, however there have been a lot of positives too that show that we are heading in the right direction. We are playing much better football than last season in just a very short amount of competitive games. There were times in the first half of the Arsenal game that we were the better team but obviously let down by some poor decision making and finishing.

Silva knows where are weaknesses are and where we need to improve and it is a given that he is working on it. The man obviously doesn't want to fail, he wants to succeed. We have got to be patient and get behind him and give him the time that he needs. We were absolute crud last season and were damaged even deeper by 1 shot in 10 games playing to try and not get beat but failing Allardyce. I wanted last season over in January as i couldn't stomach watching them any more.

As we stand, a couple of wins on the run in the next few games and our position in the table looks entirely different. No serious damage has been done yet. I will be worried if we continue not winning any games but i would be very surprised if that happens. We look too good for it. Hopefully a decent run will start against Fulham on Saturday. Shouldn't expect too much this first season though. It is going to take any decent manager a couple of seasons and a few transfer windows to sort the mess known as Everton out. I would obviously like to finish as high as possible but will be satisfied just being in the top 10 so long as clear progress and improvement can be seen.

Did we have good defenses at other clubs? Hint: Yes, he did.

And no, he did not get us out of trouble. We were tied for 12th and 2 points out of ninth when he took over. If you are impressed that he got us 3 points on the field, while spending 50M in January, getting Coleman and Baines back, not having to deal with Europe, having a cakewalk for a schedule, having minimal cup interference, etc., then I'm not sure what to tell you. Unsworth could've done that without humiliating the club and playing dreadful football for months.

So, again, bed.

No I will not get to bed. Excuses for not saying good job to BS, right? Sam did get us Tosun and Walcott for example. Not grateful for that?

I dont like Sam Allardcye either but y should blame Moshiri for hiring he to the hot seat at Goodison Park. Moshiri is responsible for that.
I am grateful for what he did for our club. DU did not have the best record as an interim-coach, dont forget that.

Sorry for writing much of Sam Allardyce mates.
Marco Silva will hopefully get this right, we cant change manager every year. NSNO.

Last edited:
If you want describe 4 to 5 players commiting to a press in the oppositipn build up phase while leaving huge spaces in between them and the backs - as counter attacking tactics, so be it.
A proper counter attack approach against Arsenal was the right play and we probably would have won doing so.

But they didn't. They either didn't hold their nerve or Silva had other instructions.

The way to beat Everton at the moment is to draw the two CMs into the play around the half way. If youve got decent players who can hold the ball and work combinations then you can be sure at the moment we'll fall for it. Davies is almost becomimg a parody, like a shuffling deer in the headlights one minute, chargong in too late the next.

Falling for it, bc the team either doesn't compress the space based on what Gana and Davies are doing or cant because the movements of Gana are everywhere and Davies' ineffective. So this type of play makes is make the defending part more disorganised, more difficult to pull off as a team.
To play thos way in attack your going to need to have players who can keep possesion. You can't always take the option you call a counter because it's just increasing the defensive vulnerabilities.

So the opposition tactics are easy - play to get in behind the CMs and which ever of our wing backs is highest. At times like against West Ham the red carpet was pretty much rolled out for them

We just keep getting sucked in. We don't have the quality to hold possession at the moment but Silva persists anyway.
If Arsenal got it together in the first half they would of scored against us. It should have been 2-1 either way at half time.
But the way we're set up we wouldnt been able to hold on to a lead against in the 2nd half.
Emry sized up Silvas tactics and Arsenal came out after half time and did the job.
Have a look at how Xhaka, the new fella and Ramsey played. I actually felt sorry for Gana in the end. Without him it would have been 3 or 4.

The concern is Silva doesn't have the ability to build the foundations.
The concern is that after 2 to 3 yrs of Silva we are going to be no closer to getting these foundations.

What we'll see is some decent players in Rico, Bernard, Gomes Mina come in and play to mid table overall, and with a better striker, possibly skirting the edges of a top 6. But we will be no closer to establishing a foothold in it.
After waiting years, (post the conservative Moyes/Kenwright era) to have Martinez piss it away, and have Koeman, Unsworth, BFS unable to build a proper foundation, you just have to excuse some of us for not living on false hope.
The frustration, resignation and outrage is justified.
Many of the criticisms and concerns of Silva are valid.
As a foreigner I say this as somewhat of an outsider - the club, the people of Everton, the mighty Goodison, deserves better - than what the latest incarnation is serving up.

First point in bold, we probably would have won using the tactics we used if Walcott and DCL had finished off gilt-edged chances. Or if Cech hadn't had a stormer.

You say that's the way to play around Everton (in the middle) yet Arsenal didn't do that on Sunday. They won because of some quality and some good fortune and some hap hazard defending/mistakes. Davies had a good game.

I agree we keep getting sucked in, but you say Silva should switch to a defensive line? Well what the hell is that about when our defence is awful? Would you trust our defence to sit deep and sustain loads of pressure?

Your last point. I don't care where you're from, you're equal an Evertonian as anybody else. But to say this bit in bold, after SIX league games, is beyond parody in itself.

Give it time. We've got a huge rebuilding job on. Arsenal didn't win because of a tactical masterclass. They won because we didn't put our chances away. Chances that were created because of the tactics that Silva employed.

First point in bold, we probably would have won using the tactics we used if Walcott and DCL had finished off gilt-edged chances. Or if Cech hadn't had a stormer.

You say that's the way to play around Everton (in the middle) yet Arsenal didn't do that on Sunday. They won because of some quality and some good fortune and some hap hazard defending/mistakes. Davies had a good game.

I agree we keep getting sucked in, but you say Silva should switch to a defensive line? Well what the hell is that about when our defence is awful? Would you trust our defence to sit deep and sustain loads of pressure?

Your last point. I don't care where you're from, you're equal an Evertonian as anybody else. But to say this bit in bold, after SIX league games, is beyond parody in itself.

Give it time. We've got a huge rebuilding job on. Arsenal didn't win because of a tactical masterclass. They won because we didn't put our chances away. Chances that were created because of the tactics that Silva employed.

Maybe it's because the poster doesn't really understand tactics or certainly not the ones Silva employs, he just likes to write a lot of words. Fundamentally, there is nothing wrong with his system or tactics. It's honestly pretty close to what Athletico Madrid does, with a different wrinkle or two, and I don't hear too many people critcizing his system.

Yeah, sorry, that take that we didn't execute a proper counter attacking approach is just as silly as is the idea that Silva is incapable of orchestrating one that works. He took a friggin Olympiakos side and beat a MUCH better Arsenal side with perfectly executed counter attacking approach only 3 years ago.

Frankly, Silva isn't BFS. He's actually won stuff and has had tremendous success everywhere he's gone exception for Hull - kinda - and Watford, although that is also arguable.

This idea that we should switch tactics dramatically when you hired a coach that employs some fundamental tactics is just stupid. It's as dumb as being ticked at Sigurdsson for not holding the ball like Barkley or at Davies for not being a deep lying, pass master like Barry, or for Gana for not being a dynamic box to box demo that scores 10 goals a season.

No I will not get to bed. Excuses for not saying good job to BS, right? Sam did get us Tosun and Walcott for example. Not grateful for that?

I dont like Sam Allardcye either but y should blame Moshiri for hiring he to the hot seat at Goodison Park. Moshiri is responsible for that.
I am grateful for what he did for our club. DU did not have the best record as an interim-coach, dont forget that.

Sorry for writing much of Sam Allardyce mates.
Marco Silva will hopefully get this right, we cant change manager every year. NSNO.
I agree it's Mosh's fault (or Kenright's), but I'm not grateful for a thing that jerk did at our club. Demeaning us every week, flat out mocking us after matches? That's okay with you?

I just think ANY okay manager can make up 2 points on the field considering the circumstances. This idea he did something even remotely well is crap. If anything, he was luck to finish 8th, although a decent manager gets to 7th in their sleep honestly.

I do hope in January the striker problem is addressed The 3 we have at the moment Tosun, DCL and Niasse would probably have difficulty striking a match!

I agree it's Mosh's fault (or Kenright's), but I'm not grateful for a thing that jerk did at our club. Demeaning us every week, flat out mocking us after matches? That's okay with you?

I would not say it is OK but the kind of stick he got from the fans right from the start was not justified imo. His football was too negative (better now with MS) but he grinded out results, just as David Moyes (accused for negative football) did. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.