• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there had been VAR today Arsenal would have had a penalty before they scored, when Gana dragged one of their man back by the arm.

There was nowt soft about Richarlison’s red card at Bournemouth....he moved his head toward the face of an opposition player and that is a red card offence.

Rashford went for doing the exact same thing a week later.

It was stupidity on behalf of both players.....not bad officiating.

And the penalty Baines gave away was both blatant and daft.
I can accept all that Khal, provided you see consistency with other clubs, and so far I haven't. Yes, you had the Rashford sending off, but apart from that I've seen loads of similar tackles to Jags where the player wasn't sent off, in fact in most cases a foul wasn't even given. Lots of pen claims similar to Baines's that weren't given. I was at the game v West Ham and I thought that the general refereeing from Martin Atkinson was very anti Everton. Apart from the foul on Walcott that could arguably be called a red, I just thought throughout the game he pulled us up for fouls whilst letting things go for the hammers. And before you say anything I'm not the sort of person who normally cries wolf. Yesterday their central midfielder could easily have been given a second yellow, the second goal was just a ridiculous decision, and Michael Keane was penalised for being punched in the face when in a dangerous situation.

I don't subscribe to these conspiracy claims. I just feel as though we're getting a raw deal with refereeing decisions at the moment, and we could very easily be sitting here with an extra 6/7 points on the board had decisions gone our way. You just hope things balance themselves out over the season. Around this time last year things were the opposite. We were very lucky with decisions which was just as well considering how poor we were playing.

Not Marco's fault our defence continue to switch off, officials hate us and most importantly our strikers cannot score.

get a striker, CAM and defensive partnership and then I will judge.

We have been VERY unlucky so far this season.

Still have not starter with our strongest 11 nor does he know as he has not seen enough of Gomez, Mina and Bernard.

Perhaps, but that’s not just it. For me, we don’t get enough bodies in the box, are lethargic and lack creativity in the middle of the park. The bodies we do get in the box need an average of three big chances to finish one (Tosun, Niasse, Walcott, DCL).

And as i said in the other thread, our defending leaves a lot to be desired too, it’s not even like we are being carved open - Kenny and Zouma were both at fault this week. Pickford and Holgate last week against West Ham.

It’s easy to say: “give us a top class striker and we’ll be fine” but it’s simply not true. Add Lacazette to this team (who isn’t a top class striker by the way - yet cost £50m) and we’ll still likely finish 7th. We’d just be closer to 6th than we might he this year.
Everton never get enough bodies in the box. Ever.

I can watch the worst team in the league season after season and they look like they can do bits, then go on to see Everton crossing the ball blind into one man being marked in the box over and over.

I think a disappointing aspect for me is that I haven´t really seen any players improve so far. You look around the squad and have to say that they´re all pretty much playing the same way they have done for years. I know it´s early days but even Allardyce got that new manager bounce.

I can accept all that Khal, provided you see consistency with other clubs,[/b] and so far I haven't. Yes, you had the Rashford sending off, but apart from that I've seen loads of similar tackles to Jags where the player wasn't sent off, in fact in most cases a foul wasn't even given. Lots of pen claims similar to Baines's that weren't given. I was at the game v West Ham and I thought that the general refereeing from Martin Atkinson was very anti Everton. Apart from the foul on Walcott that could arguably be called a red, I just thought throughout the game he pulled us up for fouls whilst letting things go for the hammers. And before you say anything I'm not the sort of person who normally cries wolf. Yesterday their central midfielder could easily have been given a second yellow, the second goal was just a ridiculous decision, and Michael Keane was penalised for being punched in the face when in a dangerous situation.

I don't subscribe to these conspiracy claims. I just feel as though we're getting a raw deal with refereeing decisions at the moment, and we could very easily be sitting here with an extra 6/7 points on the board had decisions gone our way. You just hope things balance themselves out over the season. Around this time last year things were the opposite. We were very lucky with decisions which was just as well considering how poor we were playing.

Saints fans will point out to the incident were Pickford rushed out his goal and tackled one of their men and say he should have been sent off, Barney.

Now, we might think the ref was right but as the saying goes, we have seen them given.

And me and everyone around me that day held our breaths expecting a red to be produced.

You are quite right......there is no consistency but these refs are consistent with their inconsistency.

It is applied to all clubs (with one obvious exception :mad:) and we only think it is worse with us because we tend to focus only on our own club and the injustices, real or perceived, visited upon us.

Irrespective of the point your trying (and failing) to make, his job at Hull was very different to his job here. Their expectations were purely survival. I personally feel Silva was the wrong choice for us and I said that at the time. He’s certainly a talented manager but as our expectations are to break the monopoly of the big six (and he has no track record of building, of longevity or of usurping the established order) I felt we would have fared better with a Nagelsmann, Rangnick, Jardim or (dare I say it!) Benitez. Eddie Howe is a top young English manager and would have been another i’d have given consideration to as his brand of Football would have certainly ticked a box.

Saying that, I’m never a fan of appointing managers who “deserve a go”, it so rarely works. Think Moyes to United or Hodgson to Liverpool. Clubs with gargantuan expectations appointing managers with no track record of achievement at that level. Allardyce is a talented but limited manager who stayed true to his values and I think Dyche (another excellent manager) would have followed a similar, unfortunate path with us had he been appointed.

Marco certainly ticks a few boxes (though i’m still curious about the way in which Watford capitulated upon our interest) but it’s very early days in his reign, so i hope i’m pleasantly surprised.

The owner has a view to break into the top 6 and even top 4 in long terms, frankly in the summer he should have appointed some proven manager (or maybe those won’t consider coming to Everton?), it seems Moshiri was so sure on Silva. He was after him after Koeman was sacked and Fat Sam was only in after Watford blocked a move.

Now that Silva is appointed, I am sure he will be given a chance to prove this season.

Perhaps, but that’s not just it. For me, we don’t get enough bodies in the box, are lethargic and lack creativity in the middle of the park. The bodies we do get in the box need an average of three big chances to finish one (Tosun, Niasse, Walcott, DCL).

And as i said in the other thread, our defending leaves a lot to be desired too, it’s not even like we are being carved open - Kenny and Zouma were both at fault this week. Pickford and Holgate last week against West Ham.

It’s easy to say: “give us a top class striker and we’ll be fine” but it’s simply not true. Add Lacazette to this team (who isn’t a top class striker by the way - yet cost £50m) and we’ll still likely finish 7th. We’d just be closer to 6th than we might he this year.
Lacazette has 16 PL goals in 29 starts, not top class? Whatever mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.