• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With Richarlison, Zouma and Digne proving to be good signings, Bernard not yet up to speed and Mina and Gomes still to come, I think it's too soon to judge properly.
I do think that, with those players entering the fray/getting their feet under the table, anything less than a marked improvement with the right results to match post-Christmas will be alarming.

The man got hull relegated (with a defense Robertson and Maguire) and then got sacked from watford

Irrespective of the point your trying (and failing) to make, his job at Hull was very different to his job here. Their expectations were purely survival. I personally feel Silva was the wrong choice for us and I said that at the time. He’s certainly a talented manager but as our expectations are to break the monopoly of the big six (and he has no track record of building, of longevity or of usurping the established order) I felt we would have fared better with a Nagelsmann, Rangnick, Jardim or (dare I say it!) Benitez. Eddie Howe is a top young English manager and would have been another i’d have given consideration to as his brand of Football would have certainly ticked a box.

Saying that, I’m never a fan of appointing managers who “deserve a go”, it so rarely works. Think Moyes to United or Hodgson to Liverpool. Clubs with gargantuan expectations appointing managers with no track record of achievement at that level. Allardyce is a talented but limited manager who stayed true to his values and I think Dyche (another excellent manager) would have followed a similar, unfortunate path with us had he been appointed.

Marco certainly ticks a few boxes (though i’m still curious about the way in which Watford capitulated upon our interest) but it’s very early days in his reign, so i hope i’m pleasantly surprised.

Irrespective of the point your trying (and failing) to make, his job at Hull was very different to his job here. Their expectations were purely survival. I personally feel Silva was the wrong choice for us and I said that at the time. He’s certainly a talented manager but as our expectations are to break the monopoly of the big six (and he has no track record of building, of longevity or of usurping the established order) I felt we would have fared better with a Nagelsmann, Rangnick, Jardim or (dare I say it!) Benitez. Eddie Howe is a top young English manager and would have been another i’d have given consideration to as his brand of Football would have certainly ticked a box.

Saying that, I’m never a fan of appointing managers who “deserve a go”, it so rarely works. Think Moyes to United or Hodgson to Liverpool. Clubs with gargantuan expectations appointing managers with no track record of achievement at that level. Allardyce is a talented but limited manager who stayed true to his values and I think Dyche (another excellent manager) would have followed a similar, unfortunate path with us had he been appointed.

Marco certainly ticks a few boxes (though i’m still curious about the way in which Watford capitulated upon our interest) but it’s very early days in his reign, so i hope i’m pleasantly surprised.
should of gone big from day one.
The majority of top managers would of said yes to over 300m to spend in 3 seasons. you need a manager who has been there and done it, not an up and coming manager, we tried that with martinez.

Next week mate so it didn't clash with the rs gane against Chelsea and so we didn't need to play 48 hours after Arsenal away
I'm out of touch. Thought it was this week.

It's a shame. I thought it would be good to get back on the pitch quickly after yesterdays game. Unlike most on here I think the mood in the Everton changing room will be quite positive after the way we played yesterday. A game during the week would have also given the likes of Mina, Bernard and Lookman an opportunity to get some match fitness before the more important league game at the weekend.

For 55 minutes yesterday that was a very good performance, the attacking intent, high press and attractive football were a World away from the durge we saw at the same venue last season.

We then got undone by a top drawer strike from a top drawer striker, and a complete abomination from the linesman.

We’re heading the right way under this fella, and it’s still very early days, stick Lacazette in our side yesterday and we almost certainly win that game. That’s where we’re short, and we all know it.

For 55 minutes yesterday that was a very good performance, the attacking intent, high press and attractive football were a World away from the durge we saw at the same venue last season.

We then got undone by a top drawer strike from a top drawer striker, and a complete abomination from the linesman.

We’re heading the right way under this fella, and it’s still very early days, stick Lacazette in our side yesterday and we almost certainly win that game. That’s where we’re short, and we all know it.
Had we taken our chances in the first half that top draw strike would not have mattered and we'd all be fuming at the massive offside goal they scored to earn a point.

They could not handle our pressing and pace in attack yesterday Arsenal, our finishing let us down, we created some good chances.

Based on the first half yesterday the next two games are achievable must wins.

Fulham and Southampton are two teams we should be looking to dispatch with ease, couple of injuries or not. Reassess after that but looks like once things start clicking we should be ok

Perhaps, but that’s not just it. For me, we don’t get enough bodies in the box, are lethargic and lack creativity in the middle of the park. The bodies we do get in the box need an average of three big chances to finish one (Tosun, Niasse, Walcott, DCL).

And as i said in the other thread, our defending leaves a lot to be desired too, it’s not even like we are being carved open - Kenny and Zouma were both at fault this week. Pickford and Holgate last week against West Ham.

It’s easy to say: “give us a top class striker and we’ll be fine” but it’s simply not true. Add Lacazette to this team (who isn’t a top class striker by the way - yet cost £50m) and we’ll still likely finish 7th. We’d just be closer to 6th than we might he this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.