2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn’t but my point still stands - finished 8th with him as striker so he’s good enough for an 8th placed team.

said before and i'll say again, we didn't finish 8th with him as striker, we was around 14th when fatty took over and started playing less. if we had played him all season up front we wouldn't have finished 8th for the simple fact he doesn't score many goals

I don't think we can have Sigurdsson at 8, Zat. You know I'm a big fan but playing him there leaves us exposed, and I don't get this idea he has the passing range to play deeper. He's better further up the pitch. In a flat three I think he could work as his effort levels mean he'll get up and down.

Bernard has hardly ever played 10 at Shakhtar. I do think he could play there, but he seems more suited (in the PL at least) to the left, with more space to operate, especially on the counter.

The answer to then get Bernard in the team would be to move Richarlison central, as you say, but as I think @davek pointed out in another thread, Richarlison has been thriving on the left and Silva's system seems to revolve around him being in that position with freedom to roam.

@davek

So lets say Richalison stays on the left side...

I think its 'unlikely' that we signed Bernard (or he agreed to join) based on him not being earmarked for a position...especially coughing up £100k+ weekly wages...

So thats the question...where do we fit Bernard + Richarlison + Sigurdsson into the same side?

@davek

I think its 'unlikely' that we signed Bernard (or he agreed to join) based on him not being earmarked for a position...especially coughing up £100k+ weekly wages...

So thats the question...where do we fit Bernard + Richarlison + Sigurdsson into the same side?
I'd drop Sigurdsson and play Bernard. That wont happen though because Silva has given Sigurdsson certain reassurances about what role he'll play.

@davek

Bernard can play left, right or through the middle, its up to him to take his chance when given.

Its a squad game, if Rico doesnt perform, he plays left, if Iceland doesnt perform, he plays middle, if Walcot doesnt perform, he plays right.

Given Walcotts injury record and Ricos ability to not do stupid stuff, he will get plenty of games.

Personally Dave I dont think Bernard has the tools to play through the middle, but time will judge that.

Well, Sigurdsson cant do the job. That's for sure.

Bernard could also play off the right side. We all know Walcott is due another injury and that would slot Bernard in.

Status
Not open for further replies.