Match Thread Everton v West Ham United (Sunday 16th Sept 4.00)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to Moyes, if we had someone as good as, say, Drogba when he was here then we probably would have made the CL a couple of times at least. Winning the league.... that’s a big claim.

Anyway, hope we win today.

Without overreacting, if we don't win this, it's been a hideous start. Regardless of all the positives and transitions.

The problem with early season fixtures is that the math magnifies their apparent importance. Lose, and we're on pace for 1.2 points per fixture against weak resistance and staring down the barrel of relegation. Win, and we're on pace for 1.8 points per fixture and discussing the places in Eastern Europe we don't want to draw in Europa because the travel would disrupt the league campaign.

That said, I think that these are three points at home that we must get regardless of our ambitions for the season.

When are these new boys match fit. Benard gomes mina etc. They need to be played at home asap when fit enough. Dcl on the wing just does not cut it. Baines left back just does not cut it anymore. Come on everton. Lets do these at home.

Without overreacting, if we don't win this, it's been a hideous start. Regardless of all the positives and transitions.

100% this. Big question marks over Silva for me if we dont come out of this with the 3 points after the Hudderfield result.

Our zonal marking and red cards are red flags for me at present and only winning games can some how mask some of these early concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.