2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you aint fam, cos even if he goes back to Barca in 2 years, we get double our dough back.

Wow sounds like an amazing deal.:coffee:

I’ve posted already, the numbers as I see them, he’s cost neutral, we will make a couple of million profit and I’m happy he is here, hopefully he adds to the team before he moves on in a couple of years. That’s the only gain we can hope for in my opinion.

I’ve posted already, the numbers as I see them, he’s cost neutral, we will make a couple of million profit and I’m happy he is here, hopefully he adds to the team before he moves on in a couple of years. That’s the only gain we can hope for in my opinion.
Wages if counted for transfer net just about every transfer would be a negative net

With respect mate, the math is quite simple, bought for 28m, potential sale for 54m, thats a profit of 26m, I suppose we have a different viewpoint on whether 26m is a LOT of money or a couple of million.

Hopefully the LADS will be along soon to enlighten us.

Wages if counted for transfer net just about every transfer would be a negative net

It depends how you look at trances. In your premise you think of transfer fee. In reality clubs value a transfer by fee and wages. That’s how professional clubs put a value on a transfer by the total liability.

I’m not making this up.

With respect mate, the math is quite simple, bought for 28m, potential sale for 54m, thats a profit of 26m, I suppose we have a different viewpoint on whether 26m is a LOT of money or a couple of million.

Hopefully the LADS will be along soon to enlighten us.

Yeah, see above and my other posts in this thread.

Ha ha Zee Ladz. You don’t need back up or cheerleaders mate, your making points these days. lol

Total value yes but I think you will find that transfer budgets and wage budgets are different. Wage budgets are usually a %age of overall income and transfers are on top. Like if we could sign Messi for free we wouldn’t probably be able to do it because his wage demands would be circa €50 mil pa that’s approx 1/3 our turn over but if we could sign him at 60 mil and for €15 mil per an it would be feastable

It depends how you look at trances. In your premise you think of transfer fee. In reality clubs value a transfer by fee and wages. That’s how professional clubs put a value on a transfer by the total liability.

I’m not making this up.

Yeah thats great, but whatever metric you use, we still make a massive profit.

28m+ 80k a week over 5 years = 9.7m per year, 48m total liability, 54m sale price + 12m in wages saving = 66m total sale value.

So even if we do it "your way", we still make 20m profit.

giphy.gif

Yeah, see above and my other posts in this thread.

Ha ha Zee Ladz. You don’t need back up or cheerleaders mate, your making points these days. lol
No idea what point your making. Brands in a very short space of time has addressed our weakest points. Punted a load of tosh..,and going the game is now a pleasure not a kin chore... chill we won tonight at a canter.

It seems a bit contradictory to say “hopefully he adds to the team” if you’re confident they’ll buy him back though. If they’re gonna blow 60m on a lad they didn’t rate two years previous then it’s safe to say he’ll have been ‘kin absolutely unreal for us.

Done more for Everton than jug head ever will.
See that in your crystal ball, Dave? He might turn out to be rubbish, he might be very effective. However, if the limit of your ambitions is 5th, 11th, 11th and some cup runs (that yielded zero cups) then you are as muted as the many people you chide on this forum. I enjoyed Martinez's first season, I admired his ambition and his vision for the club but the reality was he couldn't coach defenders, he couldn't build a squad like Barcelona's so that lack of defensive nouse wouldn't matter and, ultimately, his approach was doomed. Even if you don't accept my argument, you've got to move on. He's gone, he's not coming back. You're position that Brands is a "jughead" no-hoper is as irrational as all the people making out he is the new Messiah, give him the benefit of the doubt and maybe you will actually enjoy being an Everton fan for a while. Isn't it exhausting being so unrelentingly pessimistic all of the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.