2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres also rules about training, basically not a chance IMO he plays the next 2 games at the very least.

But yeah it will be up to Holgate and Zouma to nail their spots.
About time they took concussions a bit more seriously, Still amazed we got no fines for sending Lukaku back on field when he was clearly out cold or lots of other similar instances at other clubs like when Rom knocked out Lloris.

Hope he's sound and that but people don't half go OTT. The lad banged his head and people making out he's just been shot in the face or something

Loss of consciousness is indicative of a traumatic brain injury. You'll likely consider that OTT, but that is the medical term.
If it is mild, he will hopefully fully recover, but these injuries do have a detrimental cumulative effect.

Loss of consciousness is indicative of a traumatic brain injury. You'll likely consider that OTT, but that is the medical term.
If it is mild, he will hopefully fully recover, but these injuries do have a detrimental cumulative effect.
Not his first serious concussion either.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35778690
Burnley defender Michael Keane has revealed he believed it was 1996 and had "no memory" of the previous week after suffering from concussion. Keane, 23, initially continued playing after a clash of heads during the 2-0 win over Rotherham on 20 February. But he was substituted on 32 minutes and missed the next two matches, returning on 5 March against Blackburn. "I felt alright to go on but I went down from a set play and said to the physio I couldn't see," Keane said. In November 2015, the Football Association released new guidelines that stated "anyone with a suspected concussion must be immediately removed from play".

Keane added that it took him a while to get back to feeling "normal" following his injury. "At first I was just really dizzy all the time and had no memory of the past week, really," he told BBC Radio Lancashire. "The doctor asked me what year it was and I thought it was 1996. I was all over the place. "I got treated really well at the hospital, had a few scans and then had to take my time to get back to normal and thankfully now I am alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.