2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
..those not currently playing will get an opportunity, it’s really up to them to make that opportunity count. I expect Mina, Zouma and Gomes will find it easiest to cement a regular starting place.

For me a big part of the problems of last season were that we played a lot of the new players from the start and the team had no synergy. Sandro, Klaassen, Vlasic, Keane etc were all stuck in to fail.

I wouldn't be shoe-horning anyone is. Moyes was always very good at this, he made people wait and really earn a place. The lads are playing well currently, they need to keep to those levels. It protects the newer signings in a way.

At times it was frustrating with Moyes, but most of his players when they got in stayed in and did a great job. I'd rather be waiting too long, than having them in immediately and bombing them out.

The lads playing have set a standard. They know to get into the team they have to play better.

Vault Part 1:

£50m?? yikes... seems quite a gamble as he could easily end up yet another unmovable contract we're stuck loaning to Turkey if Silva doesn't pan out.

enormous sums for players at the absolute peak of their market value - not exactly a sign that the new boss will be any different than the old one
tenor.gif
not exactly promising if Watford, after all that, would be willing to offload him to us
Check out his whoscored profile, it'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.
View attachment 47988
Sold: Lukaku - 90 million
Replaced with: Sigurdsson - 45 million, Richarlison 50 million.

What is this club.
Smacks of not being able to attract anyone decent we have been linked with so having to go for a player from his previous club, if West Ham or Newcastle wanted him the fee would be 20m less, but because Watford hate us the price rockets, poor from Everton, Walsh has gone but the system is still a joke
That's an astronomical fee. We can't be getting another one like this wrong. I'm not sure at all.
This one doesn't really make sense to me. At that price, he needs to be a damn near elite level winger and I don't think he is. Price is about double what I would be comfortable with.
Madness. Save that for the back four and a midfielder.
Wow, that’s a lot of money.

Where do you guys think the biggest areas of need are?

That’s got to be a big chunk of this seasons budget, surely?
Madness, reckon we probably did want Zaha if we are paying this much for him.
£50m for one third of a good season at Watford.

LOL.
Starting to wonder if our scouting network is a series link of match of the day.
£50 million, the worlds gone mad!
Astonishing and desperate.

Not convinced.
Wtf is this club. £50m for about 12 good games in the PL. We're going to do a Leeds on steroids here.
This.

QPR special.

There are too many to go at once, but will gradually leak as he tears opposition teams to shreds over the season

Here’s an angle on the ‘diving’ idea.

Skilful players get kicked, hard, by opposition players. If the skilful player always stands firm, they collect injuries. But, if said skilful player goes over easily at not very much and wins a foul, the opposition then has to think twice about kicking the guy all game, because now theres a good chance of a card or a sending off if done.

So I don’t mind diving so called as a response to over-aggressive play. It’s one way of fighting back using your brain.
That's one way of looking at it. Another is that referees won't be so ready to give fouls to him if he keeps going down
theatrically after fairly light contact.

Reactions: Tak

You don’t know my story.

I thought Marcel was going to show us the world instead he showed us Watford.
I think he’s going to be a terrible buy to be honest although I am covering my bases for some “I told you so’s” later on in the season.

If he turns out to be boss then I’m quite happy to be set upon by the wolves who go back and pick threads apart, because we will have a boss Brazilian.

It’s a win win call.
His finishes look sloppy on YouTube like I won’t lie.

Hmmm, interesting disclaimer there too, like you knew we were coming

Hmmm, interesting disclaimer there too, like you knew we were coming
They are not bad I was expecting worse, I seem pretty nuteral, his finishes on YouTube did look sloppy and still could be, although his second against Wolves was a really cultured slot which surprised me.

Talking to dear old pa pa. Richarlison reminds him of Young in the way he plays.
Having never seen Young play I don't know myself. Do any of the older and more venerable posters see any similarities?

Status
Not open for further replies.