Match Thread Everton v Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
So excited about footy again, can’t remember the last time I was looking forward to a game this much. Really hope we see some of the new guys, the more the merrier.

I want to see some dazzling attacking and hot laser formation. 3/4-0 I reckon with Bernard ripping it up for the last 20. Cenk should be pissing his pants about all those guys around him desperate to play him in.

I’m especially looking forward to seeing all the tv pundit muppets struggling to describe the beautiful stuff they’ve seen through gritted teeth. Also can’t wait to see the preview with Merson discussing Richie Larssons amazing debut.

A really important game. There's every chance of getting 11-13 points from our first five games but we need to get a strong result here to give us proper momentum.

Doesn't matter how we do it, but we need to pick up the win. Going for 2-1 Everton.

Capt Jags is out for three weeks? That's not great news. How will the lads will respond to it?. Southampton always raise their game when playing us and were Capt Jags on the field, I'd be a lot more confident of the result. Yes, we might still lose, but sans Capt Jags I'm not so certain.

This will be a great opportunity to get a couple of the new players in the lineup, mostly Digne and maybe Bernard as a sub.

I think we will still have to wait another week or 2 too really see our full lineup in action though.

At home, I give it 2-1 to the home team.

Think we'll score first and when they press for an equaliser, we'll actually have the players to launch a counter attack. That little goblin, Ings, will be eager to impress so I'd be happy to see someone 'quieten' him early doors.

3-0 (Sigurdsson, Tosun, Walcott)

Think we'll control the match for the most part and take this 2-0 (Tosun, Sig). Hopefully this will kick us on to a great opening to the season.

Paul merson
Everton did all right the other day at Wolves with 10 men, they played well. Southampton struggled at home to Burnley, I'll go 1-0 to Everton.
I think it'll be buzzing at Goodison Park: first home game of the season, new signings and a good result at Wolves. It'll depend how many of the new players are involved but if Richarlison is fit, I think Everton will win.
I always check predictions etc,but even by his standards he changed his tune fast lol,as he should do,as he should not have even said what he did really,
Though FIT or not,i still think Everton would win anyway.

Pickford
Coleman--Keane---Holgate---Baines
Gueye----Schneids
Walcott----Siggy----Richarlison
Tosun

Everton: 2
Shampton: 1

Will be Bainesy.
Good decision by Marco. There's an old expression; 'the devil makes light work of idle hands' and with Capt Jags twiddling his thumbs on the sideline for a few weeks, keeping Bainesy occupied on the pitch with captaincy duties is shrewd thinking by Silva. Tireless investigative work by esteemed GOTer @davek has shone light on the scheming, back-stabbing propensities of Capt Jags and Bainesy, so Silva denying the poisonous pair sideline time together to conspire against him, is a prudent defensive strategy.
In similar vein, I would suggest to Marco he up the cone-laying duties of the Caledonian galoot...

Status
Not open for further replies.