Match Thread Everton v Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davies, if he is fit and able to play. He is far more agile at both winning tackles and moving forward, should be more helpful for catching Southampton on the wrong foot when they lose possession in the midfield.

Let's not forget that connection between midfield and Siggy was non-existent last game, Davies could also help making that connection.

Am I the only one who has no idea what Davies actually does? I know people want to love him because he’s a young, local lad but I can’t help thinking he offers nothing to the team.

Am I the only one who has no idea what Davies actually does? I know people want to love him because he’s a young, local lad but I can’t help thinking he offers nothing to the team.
Were you saying this before his good run of form early last season?

Young players have longer and more frequent runs of poor form than your more established, experienced players. He was played too often last season IMO and he struggled toward the end because of it.

Could say the same about Schneiderlin. He is not great with intercepting opposition play, which is required heavily by the position he plays. He is terrible with possession either, hides behind his marker when our center backs have the ball and looking for passing alternatives. If he gets the ball somehow, immediately looks for Gana, if he fails to find him, just passes back to center backs or takes all the time in the world to play safe. He does not support the winger on his side by forming triangles. He extremely slows down the build up play with his hesitation to connect with wingers and Siggy.

Might be an issue with the Wolves game and he might outperform in the next game but Davies offers more dynamicism than Schneiderlin, both in defense and attack with his agility.

Hope Bernard plays just to see him run through that Vestergaard's legs

CD343C1F-D2FE-48EC-8234-9DBD6B79C1FA.jpeg

With this being Silva's first official home game, does anyone know (cos Google is useless rn) who is the last 'new' Everton manager to lost their opening Goodison game?

Talking new boss, first home game. Not Kendall losing his first home game in his second/third spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.