2018/19 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parts of his game were fine today but if we are to play a high pressing game we need someone who can retain the ball when we get it, he gives the ball away too often, particularly in dangerous areas. He isn't good enough for this Everton team.

Just play Gana on his own. I lost count of the number of times he could have sprinted into position to make an angle for our centrebacks to pass to him – you know, like all good players in that position do – and instead he either just watches and doesn't want the ball, or drops all the way back so he can make sure he's under no pressure when he does get it. Stop being scared please bro.

MS is a frustrating player.
He clearly has ability, but seems to lack either the will to graft at a higher tempo or the engine to do so.
If he could up his effort by 10% (preferably more), I still think we might see the player he looked when he first arrived.

Just play Gana on his own. I lost count of the number of times he could have sprinted into position to make an angle for our centrebacks to pass to him – you know, like all good players in that position do – and instead he either just watches and doesn't want the ball, or drops all the way back so he can make sure he's under no pressure when he does get it. Stop being scared please bro.
The problem with Gueye is that he is just awful in attack. Its like we have 2 different players. Defensive Gueye can stop a threatening attack with ease. Unfortunately, Attacking Gueye can also stop a threatening attack with ease.

It’s as though it’s taken the signings of this week for him to realise he isn’t going to be an automatic selection anymore. Silva has spoken about the need for competition to raise standards and schnerderlin certainly did that today. However one swallow doesn’t make a summer, he needs to be performing like that week in week out to maintain his place in the side.

Reactions: Tak
Good today, just needs to pass forward more rather than knock it sideways (could do with a forward passer next to him)
I watched a lot of the spurs game earlier in the day. I’m not kidding you diet only passed the ball forward a handful of times in the whole game. He sadly reminded me if schnerderlin and the majority of his performances for us. Once Gomes is match fit, I’m sure schnerderlin is the one whose place is in jeopardy.

He just isn't the player we thought we were signing. I agree he did okay today but we all thought we were getting more than that, someone who could dictate and control a game.

His distribution and ability on the ball just isn't good enough for the role he's in and I hope it is a priority to replace him soon. Cazorla before the injury is exactly the type of player we need to be after. I know that's asking a lot but that's the difference between where we are and where we want to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.