Confirmed Signing Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irrespective on whether we sign him or not he won't be ready to play against Wolves anyway plus another 2 weeks or so , he just returned for training today . We need to sign another CB ASAP !

Exactly, so they’re not going to spend €35m on Mina are they.
I'm with you on this mate. Here's a post I made around 2 weeks ago.
Those reports quote the CEO of Lyon saying Mina "told" him that he preferred a club with UCL. Given that Mina is still on holiday I doubt they have spoken but I may be wrong.

That is one of the problems here, there are so many varying reports coming in from various sources who knows what to believe. I think it's fair to say that, at the moment, it appears to be between us and Lyon. We're more likely to be able to offer the sort of fee Barcelona will want. Even if the Fekir sale comes back on line, Lyon are a club that have a history of using player sales to help finance them. In recent years the E16m they paid for Memphis Depay 2 years ago is their highest outlay, and I doubt they would want to exceed the E15m they received from Valencia for Diakhaby in arranging his replacement. I really can't see them meeting Barcelona's asking price and I think the earlier reports that they are looking for a loan deal are actually closer to the mark.

As regards the players wants, Lyon can provide UCL football this season, or rather up until December I should say. We offer a higher standard (and more importantly a higher profile) league and I suspect wages at maybe 50% higher than Lyon would pay.

The Lyon CEO is talking things up but I think that's all it is. Talk. I do believe that as regards negotiations between the cubs we are still in the driving street and I think we need to pressurise Barca to speed things up, or threaten to pull out and go after other options. It would be a shame if that happened as Mina does seem to be a very good fit for the Premier league.
Lyon are a club that uses profits on transfers to help finance their running costs. A lot of good sized European clubs operate this way. @Nymzee is correct in saying they are not skint, but they are also not the sort of club who would gamble £30m+ on an effectively untried player in European football. IMO they will be offering Bacelona a deal to take on loan for 12 months for, say £5m, with a flexible option to buy at another £30m. That way Barca potentially get what they are asking. If Mina is a success, Lyon would happily pay the asking price as they will have an asset worth considerably more. If not, they just don't take up the option.

Personally, I don't think that Barca will go for that as they run the risk of being in the same position next summer. So although we may not have matched Barca's asking price, I still reckon we are very much in the driving seat here. I also think they'll drop their asking price as they're already making a very tidy profit on a player they bought 6 months ago who is surplus to requirements. Marcel need to go in hard today and say we need this sorted by tomorrow at the latest. They won't want it to go past our deadline day as that just leaves Lyon free to negotiate on their own terms.

1. WE NEED A DEFENDER LA
2. HE LOOKS GOOD let's GO FOR HIM
3. HES TAKING HIS TIME ISNT HE?????????
4. HIS AGENT IS USING US AS BAIT
5. SACK HIM OFF
6. <RANDOM TWITTER ACCOUNT>
7. LETS GO FOR SHAWCROSS
8. NEVER WANTED HIM ANYWAY
9. JAGS & KEANE

Never change Everton.

No matter what happens fans will always want more players, but look what happened when we brought in too many last year.

I’d be happy with just a CB and CM, which would be 4 ins this summer.

Risky game this. Still think we will get him.

But the fact he seems to be contemplating a move to France makes me question his motives. The French SPL is not somewhere any top player should consider.
I honestly think this is all out of the players hands Tim. It's down to whoever Barca want to do business with, or rather whoever is closer to meeting their asking price. Personally, I agree with you that he'll come to us. I also think Barca will lower their demands as it's in their interest to get this sorted before OUR window shuts.

Irrespective on whether we sign him or not he won't be ready to play against Wolves anyway plus another 2 weeks or so , he just returned for training today . We need to sign another CB ASAP !
Exactly this has been evident for weeks, I can't believe we are putting all of our eggs in this basket. We should have secured another CB on loan or whatever before now we can come back for Mina if he agrees to the deal. We currently have two on the books and both aren't good enough and another that's injured with no return date. I am surprised how relaxed some are about this negligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.