Confirmed Signing Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite right too, they're taking the piss asking for more than £30m on a lad that's played less than 10 times for them, and who they paid £10m for.

Their actions indicate strongly that they are looking to get rid, signing yet another non-EU player in Vidal tells us that much. They're trying to start a bidding war, but from where Brands is sitting, United don't seriously want him so he won't be worried about that, and Lyon won't be splashing £30m+ on anyone any time soon given their record transfer is currently €24m. We're in pole position to sign him, but we're also probably the lads third choice out of the 3 clubs. Shame for him as he won't be signing for the other two, can't see anything other than him becoming ours for what we want to pay.

Coleman and baines at cb with kenny and digne rb and lb? Does not look like we are signing a cb, is mina even good enough?
Another shambolic window it seems
Comical stuff from Everton..the manager needs 3 or 4 in and we seem to be doing what we do best ...playing games till we run out of time.

I see we have no problem shifting players out the door - Everton that
Sick of this, go and get someone we can get right now and come back if he decides he wants to come. We are desperate
Think we just need to chill tbh. Still a few days left and the signs are pointing to a resolution with this soon.

Yeah I believe so.

Once again it seems like all of the foreign correspondents right now are firmly in the 'Mina to Everton' camp but the British press noticeably more stand-offish in their reports. Didn't this happen with Digne as well?

Yes, the exact same thing happened with Digne. I tend to trust foreign correspondents. Well, much more than I'd trust the British press anyway.

Risky game this. Still think we will get him.

But the fact he seems to be contemplating a move to France makes me question his motives. The French SPL is not somewhere any top player should consider.

But the right game to play - this is what business is all about and for too long we have been seen as a soft touch in the transfer market, and look where that has led the last few windows. Question is whether the new regime hold their nerve and make the right decisions at the right time - exactly what we've paid big bucks to Brands to do better than his predecessors.

From what we know publically - if Mina wants to play football, he has to move due to being one of 5 Non-EU players in their squad now Vidal has signed and must know he is not one of the 3 that will get registered.

Therefore, Barcelona will want rid as pointless keeping him and likely leave it to the last day to squeeze out the highest bidder so as to maximise their asset. It is unlikely Lyon will outbid us or offer greater personal terms, which could then leave him the choice of play for us or not at all.

I hope we have named our final offer with a fixed deadline, early enough before the window closes to move and complete Plan B if refused or not met (which I am assuming under Brands we will have in the pipeline).

Of course, he could still get offered to us beyond that deadline - but I would hope we would only proceed at a reduced cost if it doesn't affect other deals, otherwise we continue to be known as soft.

What I could see happening is neither us or Barcelona blinking until it gets too late and he goes to Lyon on loan for the season. Time will tell.

No doubt there will be loads of fume if that happens, but rather that than we continue to get fleeced every window.

Last edited:

I believe Stoke have agreed to loan Williams back to Everton to solve our CB crisis. Marco on the brink of leaving so I hear. A large portly gentleman has been called in on a temporary contract to keep us in the division. His first name is Sam but I can't make out the rest. It goes without saying that any group of 4 from GOT could have handled this better. There is a public meeting in Goodison Road arranged to start 2 hours before the first home game to organise coordinated booing of Everton players. Shambles this. Everton that. Typical Everton. Moshiri out. Just making fun of course like most on here.

Reactions: Tak
Comical stuff from Everton..the manager needs 3 or 4 in and we seem to be doing what we do best ...playing games till we run out of time.

I see we have no problem shifting players out the door - Everton that
What are you talking about.
4 players in all of whom fit an exact profile if what we really need. Plus a handful of wasters off the wage bill
This is already a good window and encouragement for the new model of Marcel and Marco
Think back to the Allardyce period
You would have taken this

Think we just need to chill tbh. Still a few days left and the signs are pointing to a resolution with this soon.
Have you seen our back four? I'd argue we need two Cbs and it should have happened weeks ago. It concerns me this will end the same way as Witsel and Giroud. I would be securing a CB on loan now.

What are you talking about.
4 players in all of whom fit an exact profile if what we really need. Plus a handful of wasters off the wage bill
This is already a good window and encouragement for the new model of Marcel and Marco
Think back to the Allardyce period
You would have taken this

No...we need 2 CB,s and a player who can link back to front...before the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.