The atmosphere at Goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we play good, exciting and attacking football, it will be a cracking atmosphere. If we play like Allardyce V2.0, the atmosphere will be crap. Simples.
Spot on mate, the atmosphere at Goodison only needs the sight of 11 men in blue trying their damndest to win and it starts rocking! The quality of football has been horrendous, but even the effort has been poor of late, so Everton players trying their hardest will get things off to a good start! COYB!

Everton fans need to take a look a the fans of a few other teams to see what supporting a team is all about.
If you're an actual fan then you'll support the team through thick and thin, wins and defeats, winning the treble or 23 years of winning sweet FA.
If the fans could make the atmosphere at every game the same as the noise we had in our Europe League home wins of 2007/08 then the team would raise their levels and make that extra effort to play for the fans.
It's easy to say the players are overpaid and should put the effort in anyway but when they're getting booed week in, week out, where's the incentive to play better.
I know I wouldn't work as hard as I could if my coworkers were constantly telling me i was [Poor language removed].

hate the notion that the players just get booed every week for a laugh, probably from people who don't go and just see it on the tele or something

the crows only get frustrated after watching some of the absolute garbage we play, didn't we go like 4 games without having a shot on target under fatty last season?

when the players are up for it so are the crowd, it works 2 ways

why should we cheer and clap for dogs like morgan Williams etc who don't even want to be on the pitch

It’s the terrible basic mistakes which kill atmosphere, nothing gets a groan more than a misplaced, simple 5 yard pass, or aimless hoof over the top straight through to their keeper.

We get the basics wrong so often there’s never a chance for atmosphere to build. Last season it took either a shocking referee performance or a weird game like Watford to get the crowd going.

hate the notion that the players just get booed every week for a laugh, probably from people who don't go and just see it on the tele or something

the crows only get frustrated after watching some of the absolute garbage we play, didn't we go like 4 games without having a shot on target under fatty last season?

when the players are up for it so are the crowd, it works 2 ways

why should we cheer and clap for dogs like morgan Williams etc who don't even want to be on the pitch

Bit harsh on Williams that. He put the effort in he just wasn't very good.

I'm not worried about the atmosphere this year (last year was my first with a season ticket). High intensity, attacking football with full commitment will have Goodison back to where it should be... hopefully.

I think people have every right to boo these absolute waste of space who don't even show an ounce of effort, We can blame the managers all we want but these have been through 3 managers and just don't look arsed about the club at all.
How hard is it to show fight and determination to win a match.

I think people have every right to boo these absolute waste of space who don't even show an ounce of effort, We can blame the managers all we want but these have been through 3 managers and just don't look arsed about the club at all.
How hard is it to show fight and determination to win a match.
I'm of the opinion that if you pay to go to the game then clearly you have the right to boo, but personally I feel it's crass and in most cases pretty unnecessary.

Unfortunately however, the growing principle that we should openly boo and regularly boo is a testament to how our fan base continues to change for the worse.

We've got into a cycle where some will moan at the players without considering our own influences and how we as fans can impact the game, and vice versa.

Whereas really both parties need to consider how they can influence each other: the players need to attract us but we also need to give them a boost on the pitch.

BOOdison Park.

If you listen now, you can hear the faintest boos already calling for Mina to be demoted to the bench.

I'm of the opinion that if you pay to go to the game then clearly you have the right to boo, but personally I feel it's crass and in most cases pretty unnecessary.

Unfortunately however, the growing principle that we should openly boo and regularly boo is a testament to how our fan base continues to change for the worse.

We've got into a cycle where some will moan at the players without considering our own influences and how we as fans can impact the game, and vice versa.

Whereas really both parties need to consider how they can influence each other: the players need to attract us but we also need to give them a boost on the pitch.
I would agree if it was a different set of players but for these ones who have went through tres managers and still look half arsed I don't have any excuse for them.

It's been woeful for 20 years.
Nowt gonna change anytime soon.
Truly woeful indeed for well over 30 years (or even 40 years?) Woe is us. Truly truly woeful. Amazing that we sell all our tickets. Maybe the only intelligent ones are TV bandits who don't go, and just boo at their screens, but at least don't throw their money away on Everton. I know a few. Truly woeful . How much more woeful can it get? If only we had the Stoke crowd behind our team. They cheer throw ins. Truly woeful this isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.