• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets sign an ex player of ours who left the club on deadline day with no time to replace him, who has zero, repeat ZERO, managerial experience because he works under one of the best current managers today

As ever some of our fans need straight jackets
It’s preseason mate and we’ve brought in just one of his preferred players, who at least looked like an actual footballer yesterday. If I had such an opinion about his ability to lead the club already, I’d be a moron...

Absolutely. Results suggest otherwise but there has been improvement in our style of play compared to the tripe we were served up last season. Bar Coleman that entire defence needs binning and Stek is no replacement for Pickford. Silva wants that high press but with players like Keane it’s impossible and we can’t and shouldn’t be relying on a 36 year old Jags to save the day.
I pray over the next 10 days the club give Silva and Brands the best possible chance of doing their job and they get the players they need.
Absolutely this.

I love Jags, he's been a fantastic servant for the club, but I we've needed a decent replacement for years now. He should really be having his swan-song at Sheffield Utd. by now.

Even more damning is that, despite all this, he's still our most capable CB :confused:

It will soon be Marco out out out , and I told you so etc. The keyboard warriors are practising their campaigns for when the real thing starts to crack up.

It will soon be Marco out out out , and I told you so etc. The keyboard warriors are practising their campaigns for when the real thing starts to crack up.

There'll be a few of the Allardyce supporters who'll be at if mate, but the majority can see that Silva has inherited a mess of a team and is gonna need time to sort it out.

Echo: Asked what the biggest change Silva was trying to implement, Coleman said: “Togetherness, a compact team, and everyone doing their job for the team."

do-your-job.jpg

Was there any post match interview from him last night? Interested to hear what he has to say.

Richarlson looks an excellent addition so far,very versatile,left,right and through the middle,klaassen has gone which most people hoped would happen and for a decent return albeit a hefty loss on what the previous regime shelled out,hopefully we are active in the coming days and we see the correct acquisitions and departures.

Im certainly not for the Marco out camp. This is still preseason and quite a tough one at that. Im sure he is probably worried himself at the teams lack of movement and Marco is not to blame for that. The squad needs a good overhaul and it has done for years. I feel sorry for him.

How about we give him time and a couple of windows to implement the system and style he prefers rather than reverting to unsustainable stone age hoofball with 2 banks of 5 parked in a double decker bus?

He needs time and Brands and the board need to get him the defenders he wants. That's how competent clubs operate. There's physically no way he can set up where Keane Jags and Williams would not be massive liabilities. He needs signings now.

What if we keep losing games though?

At some point he's going to have to put the plan on hold to stop the bleeding

Yeah, he deserves time, but not an infinite amount. He's going to need to prioritise results over the vision a little bit in season one

With this current crop of players he has inherited , it will take at least two seasons to get his squad together,
he needs time to make his mark.
This season might not be the best for us as he sets about the task , but as long as he isn't stubborn about playing a certain way without the players to do it, I will be supporting him, even though I wasn't really a fan of appointing him in the first place.

What if we keep losing games though?

At some point he's going to have to put the plan on hold to stop the bleeding

Yeah, he deserves time, but not an infinite amount

We won’t keep losing games, we’ll finish top 10 comfortably. More than likely top 8.

He can't play his style of football with the current personnel. That was always going to be the problem.

If we can't get the players in he'll have to adjust his style.

If we can get the players in they'll have to settle.

Either way the next two seasons are all about rebuilding. Survival and progress on squad rebuilding is all we can ask for.

We've literally burnt £250m on signings that won't work with no resale value.

Status
Not open for further replies.