Everton v Lille/Porto Sat/Sun 21/22 July 8pm KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 chances for us, 5 for Porto. But six of our eight came during the first 30 minutes, in which we played really well.

My ratings:

Stekelenburg 6

Coleman 6
Jagielka 6
Keane 4,5
Baines 6

Davies 5
Schneiderlin 5,5
Dowell 6,5

Sandro 7
Tosun 6,5
Mirallas 5,5

Positive: Sandro proper footballer but not a striker, Dowell first half

Davies needs to show something now. Besic did more in 5 minutes. Not sure what young Tom is contributing apart from the odd pass here and there. Dowell needs to make it a 90 minute game and demand to be an outlet in midfield.

Lots of positives from this one I think. Not in the back so much, but even in the attacking third, lots of opportunities created.

Will be fine when the new signings coming in along with Pickford, Sigurdsson, Gana and Walcott coming back. The only concern is defending set pieces.

8 chances for us, 5 for Porto. But six of our eight came during the first 30 minutes, in which we played really well.

My ratings:

Stekelenburg 6

Coleman 6
Jagielka 6
Keane 4,5
Baines 6

Davies 5
Schneiderlin 5,5
Dowell 6,5

Sandro 7
Tosun 6,5
Mirallas 5,5

Thought Mirallas was one of our brighter players and that's a worry.

Keane looking like he is playing in a diving suit, we need someone to go past people. this system is too easy to defend against. Lookman better not leave the club because for me he is vital in this system. Besic offers so much more than Scneids who is a complete waste.

Not bad not great. Porto are no mugs. Sandro looked useful ( if you can forget he should be a goal scorer). Tosun continues to show me that maybe he needs more support as I don't think he is a great leader of the line. We never had Walcott or Siggy available no Gana no Pickford but it is glaringly obvious we need pace and craft in the team in all departments. My apologies but Coleman looks gash

Before we all panic can we just take a minute to reflect on the fact walcott hasnt played yet, andwe are clearly looking at a new winger so im not expecting our attack to look like that come the start of the season.

Good work out against a decent team. More positives than negatives to be taken from that.

We need to also take account that probably no more than 3 of that starting line up will be starting games once our WC players and new signings are up and running. Porto had a decent team out tonight too,

Status
Not open for further replies.