Confirmed Signing Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
His height has gone down along with his price. £30m now plus so-called addons. Still a lot of money but if he is any good then fine.

I'd be happy. Silva can clearly get the best from him, and his positivity towards the manager will only rub off onto the other players (until he must controls a pass in the first game and Goodison boos it out if him).

My only reservation is that his name bothers the hell out of my ocd. I keep looking for there to be a 'd' hidden in there amongst that discord of letters.

If you don’t perform from the get go then you better believe you will receive dog's abuse Riccy boy. It doesn’t matter that you didn’t have any say in your transfer fee. You will be judged based on that and only that.

We're about to pay 50mil for Richarlison while Barca are in for WILLIAN for 55m. Insanity
Not that Willian would come here but spending 50m on the likes of him i.e. Older players with no sell on value would sink us. Teams like Barce can do it cuz they have commercial income we could only dream of. 30 to 35m upfront for Richarlison, a 21 year old who played very well under Silva and has the ability to improve massively is good business. Watford paid around 12m for him as it stands, hardly like we're gonna get him for a few bob more than that. If the performance related fees take it up to 50m then it means Richarlison has been playing well and not one of us will be arsed.

I'd be happy. Silva can clearly get the best from him, and his positivity towards the manager will only rub off onto the other players (until he must controls a pass in the first game and Goodison boos it out if him).

My only reservation is that his name bothers the hell out of my ocd. I keep looking for there to be a 'd' hidden in there amongst that discord of letters.

Just get the shirt in the way you should think it should be spelled make. Ive done it with players on Football Manager for years.

Have been pondering this all weekend since the news broke and have settled my thoughts on the topic.

Initially I was really annoyed we were going to be paying 50 million. However, seems we are paying closer to 35million which is still a lot but more palatable.

Like everyone else, I have watched his show reel to remind myself of his style and attributes and the player he reminds me of most in terms of physique, trickery and directness at the same age is Cristiano Ronaldo.

Now before someone smart arse jumps in, I am not saying we are signing the next Cristiano Ronaldo, or that he will be as good as. I am simply saying at 20 / 21, his style of play is similar to how I remembered Ronaldo's being at the same age. Ronaldo at 19-20 scored 5 goals for united and then 20-21 scored 9 and then 21-22 had his breakthrough season scoring 17. That was his 4th season in the Premier League.

By that token, Richarlison scoring 5 last season was pretty good and the laboured point I am trying to make is that players take time to develop - even the best in the world.

So are we buying potential? Yes. Does this guy have it? Yes. Do we have the patience to let him fulfil it? Probably not. Is he going to be as good as Ronaldo? No, but if he is half as good, I'll take that. Will he add something to our squad that we don't have? Yes.

Some comparable transfers in recent years:

Lamela to spurs in 2013 for 26 million age 21
Martial to man utd in 2015 for 36 million age 19
Felipe Anderson to West Ham 2018 for 36 million age 25
Alex oxlade chamberlain to Liverpool 2017 for 35 million age 23
Memphis Depay to Man Utd in 2015 for 25 million age 21
Shaun Wright-Phillips to Chelsea in 2005 for 21million age 24.

Against that lot, the 35million fee doesn't stack up too badly given the transfer inflation of the last couple of years (and its only Martial who has actually really done anything from that lot) so if we do get him for 40million or less, then I think we have an OK deal.

I want him, only because SIlva does, if he knows him and understands how he plays it will make his job easier, its not like he is awful like the rubbish Koeman and Martinez piled us off with. If these two hadnt worked together i might be sceptical but they have, I don't care about the fee, just do it.

He's in charge of Player recruitment no?....all I've heard about the man was he was responsible for identifying, signing & developing young talent in Holland, and selling those players on for big profits... Scouting is the most important aspect of this, so effectively he did play the role as scout in Holland.... That's what got him our gig.... The same as Steve Walsh last year, Moshiri wanted someone who could identify young talent before the big clubs....
Obviously theres more to his role as DoF, but nothing more important than transfers.... Hell he was supposed to be responsible for the appointment of our new manager, and just picked the guy Moshiri already wanted..

He is responsible for the footballing style and structure throughout the club, in conjunction with the manager.

He also plays a big part in recruitment, but again it is in conjunction with the manager.

Brands wanted Richarlison at PSV. Silva had Richarlison at Watford and knows what he can do.

I think we're overpaying if it gets to £44m, but I also think he'll be a good player for us and one I did not expect us to actually be in for.

If it all comes off, I'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.