Confirmed Signing Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
That isn't the point of a DoF.

A DoF is not a scout.
Brands is the Director of Football, not a scout

He's in charge of Player recruitment no?....all I've heard about the man was he was responsible for identifying, signing & developing young talent in Holland, and selling those players on for big profits... Scouting is the most important aspect of this, so effectively he did play the role as scout in Holland.... That's what got him our gig.... The same as Steve Walsh last year, Moshiri wanted someone who could identify young talent before the big clubs....
Obviously theres more to his role as DoF, but nothing more important than transfers.... Hell he was supposed to be responsible for the appointment of our new manager, and just picked the guy Moshiri already wanted..

Quick and maybe pointless comparison to players in a similar position and their stats at the same age.

Most playing for the top or one of the top teams in their respective leagues with the exception of Alexis Sanchez.

Christiano Ronaldo 2005/06
Club Man United
Games 47 goals 12 assists 9

Lionel Messi 2007/2008
Club Barcelona
Games 40 goals 16 assists 16

Luis Suarez 2007/2008
Club Ajax
Games 44 goals 22 assists 18

Alexis Sanchez 2008/2009
Club Udinese
Games 43 goals 3 assists 3

Arjen Robben 2004/2005
Club Chelsea
Games 29 Goals 9 Assists 10

Ryan Giggs 1993/1994
Club Man Utd
Games 44 Goals 13 Assists ?

Eden Hazard 2011/2012
Club Lille
Games 49 Goals 22 Assists 22

Richarlison 2017/2018
Watford
Games 41 Goals 5 Assists 5

These stats are interesting, but all they show is that Richarlinson currently isn't probably worth 200 million (which is around what all the above would go for).

These stats are interesting, but all they show is that Richarlinson currently isn't probably worth 200 million (which is around what all the above would go for).

Yeah, I did qualify why I put them up and to be fair on the lad, given everything, he’s done quite well.

There’s plenty of talk about how much his form fell away but so did Watford’s and half of their team ..... and their manager.....

Status
Not open for further replies.