Everton v Lille/Porto Sat/Sun 21/22 July 8pm KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like we were crap again then. People can say it was a pre season game all they want but it sets the tone for what is to come. Especially when it seems nothing as changed from the previous year.

I watched the game against Bury the other night and it did nothing but reinforce in my mind what a horrible job Silva has on his hands.

It's probably a relief to have missed it, seems dire but also seems a 2nd 11 we put out. West Ham (who on the face of it have the best pre season so far) had another underwhelming result today against Preston, not their first this pre-season.

There's a big job for Silva, the last 2 games have been underwhelming though hopefully we see some improvement tomorrow.

Most of the players that played tonight do need binning. I don't think that's an unreasonable view point. I don't see many of those who featured tonight playing much next season, nevermind actually contributing. None of them are starters realistically. We need to trim the squad. No one other than Besic did anything to catch the manager's eye. I expect lots of loans and a number of sales.
I'm sure you will make a wonderful football manager some day. Meanwhile don't give up the day job lollol.
Said with tongue in cheek obviously, but let's see what the real manager has made of it.

I'm sure you will make a wonderful football manager some day. Meanwhile don't give up the day job lollol.
Said with tongue in cheek obviously, but let's see what the real manager has made of it.

No need to get on your high horse mate. Name me the players who played tonight who will be regular starters this season. I'll be waiting.

Who caught your eye tonight then mate? Out of those that played?

I mean lets look at them :

Sandro - Was loaned out last season, has been given a chance and hasnt taken it
Klaassen - Kissed the bench for most of last season, has been given a chance and hasnt taken it
Dowell - Was loaned out last, has been given a chance and hasnt taken it
Mirallas - Was loaned out last season, has looked bright at times, is on biggish money and you would think we have other players ahead of him
Besic - Was loaned out last season, has been quite impressive for me
Connolly - Was loaned out last season, certainly hasnt looked out of place
Vlasic - Has looked very poor for me

So for me Sandro, Mirallas and Klaassen should be moved on, none of them appear to have anything to offer us at all.
The others considering their age should probably be loaned out and be scouted to see if they can kick on next season with regular games.
I would of course keep Besic as a squad option.

Status
Not open for further replies.