Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
...which is how we have the likes of Siggurdson and Klaassen on our hands. Unshift-able dead weights sucking the life out of the wages column.
Dave.
A little while ago you were criticising Moshiri as a fraud and predicting a negative spend this summer.
Now you are criticising the club for spending money. It does appear that the headline 50m buying price is more for selling newspapers than being actually factual. Signing a young player that has premiership experience, has scored goals and shown great potential while playing under Silva sounds to me like the kind of player we should be signing.
He is less than a year older than Lookman, Dowell,Vlasic and Connolly, almost the same age as DCL, Kenny and younger than Holgate. We must remember we are signing a very young player and as with the others he will not has reached a level of consistency yet over a long season but , that will come.
However, when we consider the age that he is and what he did in the early part of last season he looks to be a very exciting prospect.... expensive certainly but there is a level of risk in every signing.

Dave.
A little while ago you were criticising Moshiri as a fraud and predicting a negative spend this summer.
Now you are criticising the club for spending money. It does appear that the headline 50m buying price is more for selling newspapers than being actually factual. Signing a young player that has premiership experience, has scored goals and shown great potential while playing under Silva sounds to me like the kind of player we should be signing.
He is less than a year older than Lookman, Dowell,Vlasic and Connolly, almost the same age as DCL, Kenny and younger than Holgate. We must remember we are signing a very young player and as with the others he will not has reached a level of consistency yet over a long season but , that will come.
However, when we consider the age that he is and what he did in the early part of last season he looks to be a very exciting prospect.... expensive certainly but there is a level of risk in every signing.

Agree entirely mate

There's no resale value in either and if we did want shut no club would be looking to match the wages paid to them. They were salutary lessons in how not to do business. Now we'll repeat that with Richarlison if we're not too careful.
Think this is a bit different. He's 21 years old, he could certainly increase in value for all we know.

Finally glad to see some movement even if the prices seem somewhat ridiculous but I was hoping for some relatively cheap young South Americans that Brands is supposed to be able to find. The players linked are no different than what Walsh was looking at.

You related to him or something? Theres no denying his attitude was disgraceful last season. Many ManU fans have said that he was the worst player they had seen at their club in years. Don't try and tell me hes some world beater.
Go back to when we signed him and look in all the threads on here during times when he was injured. It was mayhem, our midfield was a shadow of itself without him in it, and people knew that. It wasnt because he’s useless, he was total boss at that time. And Ive spoken to manure fans about him, they said he was stellar when used right and shocked they sold him over some of their other midfielders. I dont care about united tho, I want him to return to the form he showed for us when he signed. You can pretend he was terrible from the get-go all you want, but a quick google search would prove that wrong. But, like I said, should the same shadow of a footballer from last season show up this season, put him in with the u19 and let him rot away. Nobodys predending he didnt down tools and was a disgrace last season, so why pretend he’s always been a waste of space when we all know thats false?
The question is wether or not its worth the hassle to try and get him back to form or not, based on him possibly doing something like that again, not if he can play football. He can play football, but he seems very ‘soft’ mentally.

I’d rather have tierney and Lozano than Digne and Richarlison if I’m honest.

Regardless, any of the 4 can come in and will improve the side massively.

The games this weekend where we’re going to be missing both Walcott and Lookman are likely to show how much we’re short of attacking options (and the full backs are attacking outlets as well as the wingers).

I wouldn't mind havin their squad depth
It is about expectation.
The expectation at Everton has taken a serious knock after last season in terms of transfers and performances on the field. Silva has to build the club back up, the transfer dealings need to be right and the performances and results need to be better as well.

Liverpool , after getting to the CL final and spending the amount they have must do something serious this term or their manager will be under pressure. A top four spot is the minimum for them, enough to keep him in his job but not much more.

The signings we make will also determine the mood with the fans, and strangely so will the departures.

Dave.
Now you are criticising the club for spending money.
It does appear that the headline 50m buying price is more for selling newspapers than being actually factual. Signing a young player that has premiership experience, has scored goals and shown great potential while playing under Silva sounds to me like the kind of player we should be signing.
That's not true. I stated that we are now in austerity Everton mode. We can be that whilst forking out for one or two big money signings and selling/getting shut of for wage reasons a lot more players. It amonts to the same thing (or will): a negative net spend.

The trick is to spend your recycled cash wisely. Do you think this kind of cash for Richarlison is doing that?

It is about expectation.
The expectation at Everton has taken a serious knock after last season in terms of transfers and performances on the field. Silva has to build the club back up, the transfer dealings need to be right and the performances and results need to be better as well.

Liverpool , after getting to the CL final and spending the amount they have must do something serious this term or their manager will be under pressure. A top four spot is the minimum for them, enough to keep him in his job but not much more.

The signings we make will also determine the mood with the fans, and strangely so will the departures.

They’ve made some good signings but if Klopp doesn’t win a trophy soon then the pressure will come quickly. He’s put it on himself by commenting on Utd paying so much for Pogba and then spending heavily on Van Dijk and the Roma keeper.

That's not true. I stated that we are now in austerity Everton mode. We can be that whilst forking out for one or two big money signings and selling/getting shut of for wage reasons a lot more players. It amonts to the same thing (or will): a negative net spend.

The trick is to spend your recycled cash wisely. Do you think this kind of cash for Richarlison is doing that?

You honestly think we’ll have a negative net spend if we buy Richarlison for £35m, Digne for circa £20m (and possibly others).

I think we’ll do well to bring that amount in. We’ve only had money in for Fumes-Mori so far and seem to be struggling to shift others. They’ll likely go out on loan.

You honestly think we’ll have a negative net spend if we buy Richarlison for £35m, Digne for circa £20m (and possibly others).

I think we’ll do well to bring that amount in. We’ve only had money in for Fumes-Mori so far and seem to be struggling to shift others. They’ll likely go out on loan.
Mori + Lookman + Pickford alone gets you a conservative £80M back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.