Confirmed Signing Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
stats don't always tell the full story

check out sterlings stats for england

2 goals in 44 games and hasn't scored since October 2015

won the league with city after scoring 18 goals in 33 prem games

Bad example there mate, 2 I’m 44 games suggests he’s crap for England and he is

He’s currently produced one season of bolasie stats mate. Assuming he carries that on and doesn’t continue to flop all season like he has since November. Do you see anyone paying 50m for him? Other question , for such a talented young player , are there any other clubs in for him? Nope! None? Why? Because the fee is extortionate

Bolasie is/should be in the peak years of his career, serious injury notwithstanding. Plus he has had several years playing in the premier league. Richarlison is a young kid, with bags of potential, who has just played his first season in England with new teammates, a completely foreign environment, a new language to learn, new climate, lifestyle etc.

Not surprising that he was inconsistent last year. Romelu Lukaku didn't set Chelsea on fire in his first season there, and that was only coming from Belgium.

All I'm saying is that we're paying the bulk of this transfer fee on expected potential, judged by people a heck of a lot smarter on football matters than myself, and with all due respect, probably you.

Lets see how the kid does, but basing the potential transfer value solely on his debut season in England is a relatively small sample size. What likely isn't in doubt is that he will be a better player for the experience of last season, and he's now back with the Manager who had enough faith in him to bring him to England in the first place.

You realise that the " after" stat is 10 games less, right? And therefore a lesser amount.
IE: 24 games on the left is almost identical stats to the right
That's no where near identical.
14 games is around 60% of 24 games.
He had 1200 touches in his 24 games with Silva and 370 in his 10 after Silva. 60% worth of 1200 is 720. That's twice as many touches as he actually had.
He created 23 chances under the 24 with Silva and 3 in the 10 after Silva. 60% of 23 is almost 14.
Shots attempted, goals and assists all suffered similarly.
His stats clearly nose dived when Silva left.

That's no where near identical.
14 games is around 60% of 24 games.
He had 1200 touches in his 24 games with Silva and 370 in his 10 after Silva. 60% worth of 1200 is 720. That's twice as many touches as he actually had.
He created 23 chances under the 24 with Silva and 3 in the 10 after Silva. 60% of 23 is almost 14.
Shots attempted, goals and assists all suffered similarly.
His stats clearly nose dived when Silva left.

Think it shows Silva knows how to get the best out of players and utilise him properly.

Can someone answer me why Lookman isn’t now worth £60m 5 goals and 4 assists in only 11 games in the German league playing for a far better team than Watford?

I mean if Richarlison was only able to get one more assist in 38 games it stands to reason right? RB better get their cheque book out!

F947E34B-4D0C-4F28-B7EE-ED0CC79366AD.jpeg

Next?

Can someone answer me why Lookman isn’t now worth £60m 5 goals and 4 assists in only 11 games in the German league playing for a far better team than Watford?

I mean if Richarlison was only able to get one more assist in 38 games it stands to reason right? RB better get their cheque book out!
Because in the real world, instead of fifa manager world, player values aren’t set solely on stats.

1 in 15 in the PL. Is smallish.

Because in the real world, instead of fifa manager world, player values aren’t set solely on stats.
Guess that explains why Barkley although consistently providing more contribution to his team every year since a teenager than almost any other English player kept getting overlooked for England... noted .. contribution and end product out... umm potential, nationality and previous relationships in.

Hey if Mbappe can be sold for 180m based purely on potential this could be a bargain! That looks to have worked out!

Because his value, just like any other player (or any item you could mention) is dictated by what the market will pay.

If a couple of EPL clubs joined the race, his price could double instantly. It would appear that 19 EPL managers don’t rate Lookman as highly as some on here to.
And maybe 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.