New Everton Stadium Discussion

He has completely misunderstood the situation having half-digested both the misleading sell to buy stuff and a misleading article on Usmanov & Moshiri re the US (not PL) Putin watch list etc.

John Blaine, head of the Shareholders Association, met Moshiri, Bill, Harris & Sasha recently. He remains a stadium optimist but stresses Moshiri sees the need to cut wage bills & be a sustainable business. Our spending power only increases if we grow commercially & that brings us back to this.

looks like we might be on to something @davek
As soon as the plans became plain about stadium funding EVERYONE should have been wary of the possibility this feller is a carpet bagger. The con-trick he's pulled off here is around squad spending: he's been helped by a lot of supporters on forums who amplify the perception that he's spent all kinds of cash, when in reality he's recycled the club's OWN cash in the two and a half years he's been here.

Mark my words: we're just waiting now until time is called on this latest stadium scheme pipe dream and then utter carnage will break out at this club.

As soon as the plans became plain about stadium funding EVERYONE should have been wary of the possibility this feller is a carpet bagger. The con-trick he's pulled off here is around squad spending: he's been helped by a lot of supporters on forums who amplify the perception that he's spent all kinds of cash, when in reality he's recycled the club's OWN cash in the two and a half years he's been here.

Mark my words: we're just waiting now until time is called on this latest stadium scheme pipe dream and then utter carnage will break out at this club.

Why? Just because somebody wants to get the best deal out there ie borrow at the lowest possible rate why should we be wary? Doesn't matter how much money you've got you'll always try and get the best deal. That is just common sense. We should should be more optimistic if he was trying to get the money from a pay day loan company, should we?

Why? Just because somebody wants to get the best deal out there ie borrow at the lowest possible rate why should we be wary? Doesn't matter how much money you've got you'll always try and get the best deal. That is just common sense. We should should be more optimistic if he was trying to get the money from a pay day loan company, should we?
...and you think the last 18 months has seen perceptive moves on Moshiri's part with regard to "best deal out there"?

We have nothing in place as a plan as far as I can see, just some vague notions of local authority funding plus a bag full of nothing.

...and you think the last 18 months has seen perceptive moves on Moshiri's part with regard to "best deal out there"?

We have nothing in place as a plan as far as I can see, just some vague notions of local authority funding plus a bag full of nothing.

Dave, I understand your cynicism, this is EFC after all, but (as far as I am aware) you have not attended any meetings regarding financing the BMD. I have no idea how things are progressing and truth be told, neither do you. You suggested we should all have been wary of the funding model suggested. Just why is that? Because nobody has funded a stadium like this before? So what? There is a first time for everything. You might be proven right and BMD might go the way of all of Kenwright's schemes. Personally, I'm still reasonably optimistic. At the moment, we do not know much. Let's wait for the facts. Up The Toffees!!!!

I want to believe, but I wouldnt bet against it either.

He has completely misunderstood the situation having half-digested both the misleading sell to buy stuff and a misleading article on Usmanov & Moshiri re the US (not PL) Putin watch list etc.

John Blaine, head of the Shareholders Association, met Moshiri, Bill, Harris & Sasha recently. He remains a stadium optimist but stresses Moshiri sees the need to cut wage bills & be a sustainable business. Our spending power only increases if we grow commercially & that brings us back to this.
I find this very comforting and hopeful.
We have to be a sustainable business and be able to pay our bills.

Last season we did take somewhat of a gamble and so far that gamble doesn't seem to have worked... Pickford, Lookman being the obvious exceptions.
We can hope that either Vlasic,Sandro and/or Keane will settle and prosper under our new manager.
I do think that the spending spree last summer would have been a lot less if Lukaku had not been sold.
The biggest waste of money has not been on players but on the hiring and firing of managers and it is here that Moshiri stands most guilty imo.
However, I am sure that Moshiri is on a learning curve and hopefully will not be repeating mistakes already made.

There are some on here who have unrealistic expectations for what Moshiri can do for our club. The stadium will be huge, if it happens, the rest will take longer than we want or would like but to continue throwing money at a problem won't solve the problem.We will sign players and spend money but hopefully not recklessly.

I thought DBB's appointment as chief would have been the ideal opportunity for her to come out and give an update of sorts on the stadium, or at least re-affirm their absolute commitment to it in a manner that would have been re-assuring and morale-boosting.

Talk can indeed be cheap but the reverse as far as this 'project' is concerned also rings true. All we got was the announcement of a so-far fictitious stadium development director currently being represented by an empty chair whilst Keith Harris remains tongue-tied. He gets elevated to Deputy Chairman with board-level responsibility for the new stadium and has made no comment, to my knowledge.

There has been no leadership from the club on this from the outset, and no attempt to control and lead the PR strategy to win local support and assuage concerns regarding council funding, in so far as the opposite narrative of wasting taxpayers money on a football stadium whilst local services are being cut, is allowed to fester and go unchallenged, save for supporters defending the project on social media.

If this is still a goer, we really could do with the club actually owning the process and not sub-contracting it to Joe Anderson and Dan Meis. It's such a tribal environment, essentially blues for and reds against, that the PR side of it needs to be led and controlled by professionals doing the clubs bidding, not a local politician perceived as biased in favour, and the lead architect presumably on a retainer, and being paid regardless.

All in all, the apparent total lack of momentum and general trend leads me to be more pessimistic than optimistic. I am dreadfully concerned that the club will seek to exploit the next run of decent form/results, whenever that may be, to announce, typically indirectly and with enough vagueness so as not to dampen all hope, that this is being mothballed due to the 'challenges' that Elstone very ominously warned us about some time ago.

Last edited:
I thought DBB's appointment as chief would have been the ideal opportunity for her to come out and give an update of sorts on the stadium, or at least re-affirm their absolute commitment to it in a manner that would have been re-assuring and morale-boosting.

Talk can indeed be cheap but the reverse as far as this 'project' is concerned also rings true. All we got was the announcement of a so-far fictitious stadium development director currently being represented by an empty chair whilst Keith Harris remains tongue-tied. He gets elevated to Deputy Chairman with board-level responsibility for the new stadium and has made no comment, to my knowledge.

There has been no leadership from the club on this from the outset, and no attempt to control and lead the PR strategy to win local support and assuage concerns regarding council funding, in so far as the opposite narrative of wasting taxpayers money on a football stadium whilst local services are being cut, is allowed to fester and go unchallenged, save for supporters defending the project on social media.

If this is still a goer, we really could do with the club actually owning the process and not sub-contracting it to Joe Anderson and Dan Meis. It's such a tribal environment, essentially blues for and reds against, that the PR side of it needs to be led and controlled by professionals doing the clubs bidding, not a local politician perceived as biased in favour, and the lead architect presumably on a retainer, and being paid regardless.

All in all, the apparent total lack of momentum and general trend leads me to be more pessimistic than optimistic. I am dreadfully concerned that the club will seek to exploit the next run of decent form/results, whenever that may be, to announce, typically indirectly and with enough vagueness so as not to dampen all hope, that this is being mothballed due to the 'challenges' that Elstone very ominously warned us about some time ago.
Bingo.

If there was any good news to be had about BMD, Kenwright would be singing like a Canary. DBB and KH have now had a month in office to assess what RE has left behind, I think it is shameful that neither has uttered a word about BMD. We had prolonged periods of silence prior with KD after being sssured the money was ring fenced. We haven’t even secured the finance yet for this project. Dan Meis has disappeared from Twitter. The fat lady is clearing her throat.

If there was any good news to be had about BMD, Kenwright would be singing like a Canary. DBB and KH have now had a month in office to assess what RE has left behind, I think it is shameful that neither has uttered a word about BMD. We had prolonged periods of silence prior with KD after being sssured the money was ring fenced. We haven’t even secured the finance yet for this project. Dan Meis has disappeared from Twitter. The fat lady is clearing her throat.

Perhaps. There again, maybe Ken Billwright is being kept out of the loop re the BMD funding. Now that is something I really would raise a glass to. Maybe we will get a big announcement re. funding, design, and the appointment of somebody to run the project all on the same day. Just guessing, of course.

Perhaps. There again, maybe Ken Billwright is being kept out of the loop re the BMD funding. Now that is something I really would raise a glass to. Maybe we will get a big announcement re. funding, design, and the appointment of somebody to run the project all on the same day. Just guessing, of course.
As if.

Will bear your forecast in mind Dave,;)

tbh, I was being a slightly facetious Re The Bullens thing
But Re. your 45k; you're right, a lot of heads would explode if they did that, but the capacity is not the point.

The point of moving to a new ground is not to increace the capacity - thats just a useful by product, the real reason is the present one, however historic and iconic, is past its use by century. The last major improvement - The Main Stand - was 47yrs ago...hands up everybody under 50...about half?
The one before that 80yrs ago...to put it into perspective, Alex Young has been born, played, retired and died since then.
Just sayin like

Big players like to play in front of big crowds . Even if we don’t fill 55-60k now we should In 10 years or so just through population increasing in the city.