New Everton Stadium Discussion

Then it will be rebuilt one stand at a time, starting with the Bullens Rd...maybe

I would guess if we could afford 45k on the docks we would still move. The smaller stadium should fit on the site easier making it cheaper from that standpoint too. Hell of a comedown but we wouldn't get much more from Goodison if expanded and makes more economical sense to build new than to fiddle on existing structure.

I would guess if we could afford 45k on the docks we would still move. The smaller stadium should fit on the site easier making it cheaper from that standpoint too. Hell of a comedown but we wouldn't get much more from Goodison if expanded and makes more economical sense to build new than to fiddle on existing structure.
tbh, I was being a slightly facetious Re The Bullens thing
But Re. your 45k; you're right, a lot of heads would explode if they did that, but the capacity is not the point.

The point of moving to a new ground is not to increace the capacity - thats just a useful by product, the real reason is the present one, however historic and iconic, is past its use by century. The last major improvement - The Main Stand - was 47yrs ago...hands up everybody under 50...about half?
The one before that 80yrs ago...to put it into perspective, Alex Young has been born, played, retired and died since then.
Just sayin like

55K and it’ll be great. Not sure why anyone is obsessed with 60K. We should care about atmosphere and revenue. That’s pre and post match as well.

Look for me, 65k would be great, future proof for a good while, a great number to aim for, BUT, I have my doubts that it would be full most weeks, sure if we become successful, win something, fight for 4th, get CL, we could easily fill 65k if Barca came to town, Real, the vermin even if the team was flying, defo in the later round of the cups.

So yeah 65k is a great number, but 55k is also a good number, as long as it can be increased, without great cost.

So it depends, if 55k is a starting point, sure, it would be cheaper and it would be helpful until we "grew", but the most important thing is to leave Goodison, to move into a modern stadium, sight lines, profit making, so yeah whilst 65k is dream land, as long as its done well, 55k wouldnt be the end of the world, for me anyway, im fairly sure most will have a fit if its less than 60k.

Look for me, 65k would be great, future proof for a good while, a great number to aim for, BUT, I have my doubts that it would be full most weeks, sure if we become successful, win something, fight for 4th, get CL, we could easily fill 65k if Barca came to town, Real, the vermin even if the team was flying, defo in the later round of the cups.

So yeah 65k is a great number, but 55k is also a good number, as long as it can be increased, without great cost.

So it depends, if 55k is a starting point, sure, it would be cheaper and it would be helpful until we "grew", but the most important thing is to leave Goodison, to move into a modern stadium, sight lines, profit making, so yeah whilst 65k is dream land, as long as its done well, 55k wouldnt be the end of the world, for me anyway, im fairly sure most will have a fit if its less than 60k.
Say, yes. But I think that’ll fade quickly if it’s great.