Transfer Rumour Everton poised to make £25m bid for Celtic full-back Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being realistic why would you go to a club who will never win a trophy when you are used to winning trophies in front of a full house every home game and all for mon ey,no you would wait till a better offer came from a better club.

I spend a week a month working in Glasgow and go and watch Celtic if they're playing when I'm there.

Full house :D have a word with yourself

We might have already failed in persuading him mate, it could be Celtic pushing for the move for money, we might not even be in for him after all this!
I heard that Everton enquired about him end of may and were told no chance.

KT was told he wouldn't be sold at any price and intended on being the highest paid player ever up here and staying here for life

Everton enquired again and Celtic slapped a huge price tag on him and Everton actually considered it.

KT felt sort of betrayed that they would consider selling him and began to consider the move.

That's from people who know what's going on.

I heard that Everton enquired about him end of may and were told no chance.

KT was told he wouldn't be sold at any price and intended on being the highest paid player ever up here and staying here for life

Everton enquired again and Celtic slapped a huge price tag on him and Everton actually considered it.

KT felt sort of betrayed that they would consider selling him and began to consider the move.

That's from people who know what's going on.

I got the impression last week that Rodgers was more than happy to sell him and it was inevitable

Like i said, the kid might not want to leave but when your club see you as a very saleable asset then you never know. I would say 25m would be too good to turn down imo mate and its whether the player then thinks if Everton would be a good fit for him.

9 in a row was achieved by our Lisbon Lions side who of course won the European Cup.

9 in a row was achieved by an EBT-ridden Rangers side and we stopped them doing so and it was one of the biggest days in our history.

10 in a row has never been done in our league so to be the first team to do it is pretty historic up here and trust me KT knows that.
To be the first Scottish footballer to earn 140k a week would be pretty historic as well

I got the impression last week that Rodgers was more than happy to sell him and it was inevitable

Like i said, the kid might not want to leave but when your club see you as a very saleable asset then you never know. I would say 25m would be too good to turn down imo mate and its whether the player then thinks if Everton would be a good fit for him.
Mate Rodgers must have a plan in his mind.

He done the exact same as this with Dembele in January. Basically put him up for sale then he stayed and there's not much talk of him going now.

I don't know if its so scouts are over looking at him and the plan is to sell him next year but it's very odd.

That's a huge sum of money for us up here but they constantly tell us they're not in a position to NEED to sell players.

It's like listening to politics but they're all full of it. We'll see what happens.

If you get him, then so be it. You have an extraordinary talent on your books.

Mate Rodgers must have a plan in his mind.

He done the exact same as this with Dembele in January. Basically put him up for sale then he stayed and there's not much talk of him going now.

I don't know if its so scouts are over looking at him and the plan is to sell him next year but it's very odd.

That's a huge sum of money for us up here but they constantly tell us they're not in a position to NEED to sell players.

It's like listening to politics but they're all full of it. We'll see what happens.

If you get him, then so be it. You have an extraordinary talent on your books.

Yeah i don't think you need to sell but in turn having the likes of a VVD, Wanyama or Tierney to sell every few years for a huge profit certainly keeps things ticking over.

You'll know better than me if KT is the real deal so if he is and does come here I'll be delighted and if he doesn't no harm done.

Being realistic why would you go to a club who will never win a trophy when you are used to winning trophies in front of a full house every home game and all for mon ey,no you would wait till a better offer came from a better club.

You have no idea whether we will win a trophy in the next few years. Yes the PL is highly unlikely but there are cups.

The better club bit doesnt seem to sink in with Celtic fans. Your City's/Utd's/Chelsea's etc wont spend that much money on an unproven kid from the Scottish league, they just wont when they can buy ready made players.

Also as the league is awful, he wont develop much more in the next few years than he has now - you need to be playing with and against better players regularly to do that. So if they wont spend that money now and prices will only increase they wont spend £40-£50 mill in future.

They will see how he goes here after a year or two and if he's still improving and doing well, then they will come along and sign him then. I dont know why your fans find this hard to understand. This maybe why he is happy to come here as its his only route to a top team.

When was the last time a player moved direct from the SPL to top 4 and was a starter?

You have no idea whether we will win a trophy in the next few years. Yes the PL is highly unlikely but there are cups.

The better club bit doesnt seem to sink in with Celtic fans. Your City's/Utd's/Chelsea's etc wont spend that much money on an unproven kid from the Scottish league, they just wont when they can buy ready made players.

Also as the league is awful, he wont develop much more in the next few years than he has now - you need to be playing with and against better players regularly to do that. So if they wont spend that money now and prices will only increase they wont spend £40-£50 mill in future.

They will see how he goes here after a year or two and if he's still improving and doing well, then they will come along and sign him then. I dont know why your fans find this hard to understand. This maybe why he is happy to come here as its his only route to a top team.

When was the last time a player moved direct from the SPL to top 4 and was a starter?
I think it’s the other Scottish lad that was at the pit
But for every one of him there’s a dozen Peter Marinello ‘s
@Eggs
See how many know that name without google

Status
Not open for further replies.