2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can go back to the 50s and I guarantee Rooney was our finest ever player, we could have kept him, but some of you wanted Niasse.,
Our so called 'fans' ran him out of town and before him you ran Ross out, congratulations to you Know-nowts.

I’m sorry, but what role did the fans play in forcing Rooney out of the club? I think you’ll find that was entirely Kenwright’s doing, with the help of Paul Stretford & a few other Proactive rats (even on our payroll).

You’re not confusing the (still good in small bursts) shell we brought back with the Wayne Rooney we sold to Utd are you???

And even if you are, what role do you think fans played?

Sir Wayne might enjoy the 14th Street, South West district though.
I’ve had a couple people text me. United has just fallen by the wayside. It’s a poorly run club, poorly marketed, and put out a dreadful product in a dilapidated stadium for years. Used to have the best fans in MLS. The team has been hard to watch and DC is a true bandwagon sports town. It’s also a huge pain to get anywhere in this city so if they want to tap into new fans, they are going to have to do more than just sign Wayne Rooney. Frankly, signing an English star doesn’t make a lot of sense in this market. The fact that they have one decent player who is from a Spanish speaking course try is criminal. And he’s from Argentina. Seriously, not a single Central American player worth a darn. Just sooooo stupid. Soccer is super popular here, but not so much MLS.

I’ve had a couple people text me. United has just fallen by the wayside. It’s a poorly run club, poorly marketed, and put out a dreadful product in a dilapidated stadium for years. Used to have the best fans in MLS. The team has been hard to watch and DC is a true bandwagon sports town. It’s also a huge pain to get anywhere in this city so if they want to tap into new fans, they are going to have to do more than just sign Wayne Rooney. Frankly, signing an English star doesn’t make a lot of sense in this market. The fact that they have one decent player who is from a Spanish speaking course try is criminal. And he’s from Argentina. Seriously, not a single Central American player worth a darn. Just sooooo stupid. Soccer is super popular here, but not so much MLS.
People might go to see Rooney play because they have heard the name but that’s about it. He won’t have to try hard to be anonymous on the streets of DC. BTW DC United’s current stadium makes the old lady look like wembley

Clearly upset at being shown the door but what did he honestly expect? In the 2nd half of last season he was mostly terrible and he'd never accept a bit part role which is all he'd be able to offer us under Silva.

The club have done right by him by letting him take all the time he wanted before deciding what to do and being honest with him the minute the regime changed about what the plans for him, or lack thereof, were.

Hopefully enjoys the peace and quiet out there and enjoys the last few years of his otherwise stellar career. If he comes back as a coach I'd happy to welcome him but him re-signing last summer was always going to turn out this way. He'll look back eventually and be grateful for the sweet moments he did manage rather than focus on the negatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.