Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the RLC thing, I've not seen a huge amount to make me think he isn't just a similar player to Barkley - a powerful midfielder, who can carry the ball but doesn't seem to have much of a football brain after that - perhaps he'll prove me wrong, but I'm struggling to understand the hype. There's an awful lot more to being a midfielder than being big, quick and able to dribble past someone

...it’s Thursday morning and here’s this morning’s round-up of Toffee transfer rumours;

- The Telegraph report Wayne Rooney has finalised his move to D.C. United. NBC Sports say the transfer will be announced by the end of the week. SkySports expect it to be announced today.

- According to The Daily Mirror, Everton are keeping an eye on Croation forward, Ante Rebic, who has shone at this summers World Cup. The 24 year old scored 9 goals in 28 appearances last season on loan at Eintracht Frankfurt. Frankfurt have activated their option to buy from Italian parent club Fiorentina but are bracing themselves for competition for his signature.

- Correio de Manha say Everton are chasing Porto midfielder, Hector Herrera. Porto want €15m for the 28 year old Mexican international.

- ESPN suggest Everton have launched a bid to sign Borussia Mönchengladbach Centre Back, Yannick Vestergaard. The 25 year old, 6ft 7in defender is currently at the World Cup with Denmark but only as cover for the Danes regular Centre Back pairing.

- Sporting Lisbon striker Bas Dost has been linked with Everton, but Bein Turkey report the player has reached an agreement to join Fenerbahce.

- Portuguese newspaper O Jogo claim Everton, Chelsea and Spurs are all keen on 27 year old Porto striker, Moussa Marega. Whoever comes in for the player will have to meet the Mali internationals €40m release clause.
I wonder what the collective noun would be for a brace of Yannicks.

I think loftus cheek is a good player.
But when did he become vierra, keane, xavi & iniesta all rolled into one?
Is this based on a couple of games at the end of the season for palace and 110 minutes for england?

You could tell when Mourinho was still at Chelsea that RLC had that something special about him

Whenever he got minutes to play he inevitably impressed, and then he a had a solid season on loan at Palace too and has justly worked his way into the England set up

He's still young but he's shown really impressive tendencies for a long while now, it's just that finally people are starting to recognise it

the question on my mind is

when the hell is mirallas leaving?

He is a definite gonner if anybody will take him, ditto for Sandro, Lookman, Klaassen, Niasse, Bolasie and Morgan by the sound of it.

With Rooney, Mori and Robles already gone it’s starting to resemble a serious clear out.

At least 5 will go out on loan as well IMO if we cannot offload them permanently. Such as Browning, Galloway, Tarashaj, Garbutt and Martina.

You could tell when Mourinho was still at Chelsea that RLC had that something special about him

Whenever he got minutes to play he inevitably impressed, and then he a had a solid season on loan at Palace too and has justly worked his way into the England set up

He's still young but he's shown really impressive tendencies for a long while now, it's just that finally people are starting to recognise it

I understand that mikey and i do recall you asking why we didn't try and loan him when he went to palace.
But i would say you may be the exception to the rule.
I remember complaining to my mate in the pub(pure lad me) a couple of years ago about how chelsea were not doing right by there kids.
It was a couple of years ago and i was talking about how he is older than Dele Alli and Alli had already got through 100 profesional games while RLC had maybe played 15 in total, so it isnt always best for your progression to come through at someone like Chelsea.

Any mate, as i was saying, im not doubting a small sample of people have rated him for a while, but all of a sudden everyone has jumed on the Loftus Cheek is the next zidane bandwagon after watching a very small sample of him in a short space of time.

Its abit like when i watched the Wire, tried to tell everyone else to watch it, they all didnt bother, than 3 or 4 years later, they were all banging on about how good it was

What intrigues me is that Chelsea seem content to sell him or at least loan him again this season. How can the coaches at Chelsea all be missing what everybody else seem to see about RLC ?

I'm glad Silva said he has a list in that press conference, it's stopping me becoming frustrated but the clock is ticking only 5 weeks left and we normally take 6 to get deals done haha

Status
Not open for further replies.