Homepage Update: Everton want German left-back - Plattenhardt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too soon to totally dismiss Neymar; he's just getting back after a bad injury. Would he improve Everton? Quite possibly. But which of our lion hearted lads might he displace?...and might that induce the rest of the team to 'down tools' in protest?. Certainly, if we dangled some feelers out for him, I feel Neymar would be tempted to jump aboard the Everton Express. We are a giant club (9 titles and a European victory) so difficult to envisage his saying no to any overtures we might make.
One to keep a close eye on, I'd say...
Too old , no resale value

I can’t remember whether he played when I went to the Hertha v Leipzig game but if he did their whole defence was awful.
Seems an odd link for a seemingly average 26 yr. old German.
Can’t give it any credence to be honest.

Wasn’t impressed on last nights showing. Didn’t do anything at all of note. Passed it simple backwards or sideways almost every time he got it. Didn’t do anything of note defensively as I recall and doesn’t appear blessed with pace either.

Obviously can’t make a judgement on one game, be interesting to see if he keeps his place in their next game though.

Edit: He was 88-rated in Fifa 17 team of the season, why have we not signed him yet ffs Everton?

Last edited:

Too soon to totally dismiss Neymar; he's just getting back after a bad injury. Would he improve Everton? Quite possibly. But which of our lion hearted lads might he displace?...and might that induce the rest of the team to 'down tools' in protest?. Certainly, if we dangled some feelers out for him, I feel Neymar would be tempted to jump aboard the Everton Express. We are a giant club (9 titles and a European victory) so difficult to envisage his saying no to any overtures we might make.
One to keep a close eye on, I'd say...
This is the best sentence I’ve seen this month on GOT.

I can’t remember whether he played when I went to the Hertha v Leipzig game but if he did their whole defence was awful.
Seems an odd link for a seemingly average 26 yr. old German.
Can’t give it any credence to be honest.
Cuz said average 26 yr. old German is currently playing at the world cup, probably?

I know we have our opinions and hopes and expectations, but it does sound pretty absurd to say the left back who just started for the reigning world cup champions is not good enough for us...

How many players do we have starting for one of the top 10 nations? 0. If we could bring in starters for the likes of Spain, Belgium, Brazil, Germany and France, we would make a leap up.

In fact, the ONLY 4 players we have at the world cup are all players much maligned by this fan base, with the hardest of them to criticize, Pickford, still getting complaints.

I know we have our opinions and hopes and expectations, but it does sound pretty absurd to say the left back who just started for the reigning world cup champions is not good enough for us...

How many players do we have starting for one of the top 10 nations? 0. If we could bring in starters for the likes of Spain, Belgium, Brazil, Germany and France, we would make a leap up.

In fact, the ONLY 4 players we have at the world cup are all players much maligned by this fan base, with the hardest of them to criticize, Pickford, still getting complaints.
Not every player who earns a cap is the best in his position. In fact even the greatest teams include players who would be average outside of their current group of players. They get picked because they can perform their duties well within that particular a team when perhaps a better player might not have the right qualities. High performing teams are often greater than the sum of their parts.
As I have said if hewas playing in the defeat to Leipzig he was part of a very porous defence, and from what I've been able to discover about him since we where linked he seems a fairly unexceptional player.
None of this means he won't do well for us should we sign him , but he certainly doesn't fill me with eager anticipation.
Still think it's a load of hokum anyway.

If I was Germany, I would've attacked down the right the whole game, too. Salcedo is a good defender on the right, plays in the Bundesliga, and he's got size. I'd go after the midget who plays for friggin Pumas.

We have 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.