2017/18 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
DCL gets an unreal amount of abuse for someone who only cost 1.6 million and can at least contribute to the squad.
I don’t see why we judge players based on their price tag. They should all be judged solely on their quality. Nothing else. For me, DCL is currently third in a room of meh strikers. Loan him out and see if he can figure out how to finish. It’s not abuse. It’s just judging him compared to his peers. He’s not good enough yet. Maybe he will be at some point.

I don’t see why we judge players based on their price tag. They should all be judged solely on their quality. Nothing else. For me, DCL is currently third in a room of meh strikers. Loan him out and see if he can figure out how to finish. It’s not abuse. It’s just judging him compared to his peers. He’s not good enough yet. Maybe he will be at some point.

He's led the line for half a season, played as a winger and a full back in his first full season. Improved every game. Finished as our top assiter.

Yet we make excuses for our £45mill man as hes played "out of position" or others that have done zero but need to be given "another chance"

We're a weird lot some times.

I like Dom. I’d keep him around the squad, or loan him to a lower prem/upper championship team as long as he’s first choice. Bring him back if not.

Not sure about that. Regular first team football at promotion chasing clubs (the likes of Wolves, Fulham, Villa this season) will develop young players a hell of a lot more than loan deals such as Galloway had at WBA.
For me the championship is great for players that need to get game time under their belt at open age level. League 1 would do just as well depending on their age and development. We've had 7/8 players on loan there this season and, on the whole, they've been really good for the players.

Both Davies and DCL have had plenty of time in open age football. Davies has played 70 times for Everton first XI. Calvert Lewin 55 times, and 98 times in total in senior football. I don't think they'll learn anything by going on loan to a championship level side.

What they need is to develop their game and iron out the weaknesses, and the best way to do this is through playing with and against top players and through more hands on coaching from our new manager. Same goes for Lookman, Vlasic and Kenny. They need to be challenged, which won't happen in the championship. If the manager doesn't think he can give any of them the game time to develop them, then I'd try and find a club in Germany who would take them. I don't think we'll have any problem finding one.

More end product and output than most of the "starlets" in the same age bracket - Solanke, Abraham, Loftus Cheek.

But he's gash.

I like Loftus-Cheek who would’ve done a lot better this year were he not injured, but I’d heartily agree with the other two examples. I wouldn’t take either Solanke or Abraham above him, bang average those two. Get the feeling Dom could genuinely kick on in a season or two.

needs to be played as a centre forward from now on. He’s good in the air and has good pace. Should stop putting him out wide and use the likes of Lookman out wide instead.

I like Loftus-Cheek who would’ve done a lot better this year were he not injured, but I’d heartily agree with the other two examples. I wouldn’t take either Solanke or Abraham above him, bang average those two. Get the feeling Dom could genuinely kick on in a season or two.

There's talent with Loftus Cheek but like Dom he needs a position. He's played as a DM, a CM, and number 10. He's getting by due to his physicality but he doesn't have much of an end product.

He and Abraham have got a choice to make now too as I can't see them getting any time at Chelsea.

More end product and output than most of the "starlets" in the same age bracket - Solanke, Abraham, Loftus Cheek.

But he's gash.
1. I’ve seen maybe 2 people call him crap or gash. The rest just don’t think he’s Everton quality yet if we have any ambition to compete with those ahead.
2. No one has said anything about Abraham or Solanke. They’re all 3 similar level.
3. Why did you just compare a forward with a midfielder? Loftus-Cheek was fantastic when he played and is better overall player but they play completely different positions. He’s also on the plane to Russia. DCL nowhere near.

If we strengthen in the summer i think he would benefit from a loan move, He did okay this season considering he was pushed out on the wing but he really cannot finish when given the chance.

Would this lad be on the books or getting game time for any of the current top 6. Not in a million years. A championship player. Nothing against him. He seems a real decent lad. I just do not rate him at all as a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.