2017/18 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’ll be a good player for us. Can’t believe some of the comments on here.

Some players are fair game as far as I’m concerned due to lack of effort, lack of talent, getting paid too much / is having paid mega millions to sign them. Calvert-Lewis is not one of those players.

The problem so far is his contribution which has been minimal. The appointment of Silva is his last opportunity to prove himself at Everton. (same for the crap Davies). I expect very little from them both and would be delighted to be proved 100% wrong.

He’ll be a good player for us. Can’t believe some of the comments on here.

Some players are fair game as far as I’m concerned due to lack of effort, lack of talent, getting paid too much / is having paid mega millions to sign them. Calvert-Lewis is not one of those players.

DCL gets an unreal amount of abuse for someone who only cost 1.6 million and can at least contribute to the squad.

Agreed

Some people are determined to see him fail just so they can be "right"

The problem so far is his contribution which has been minimal. The appointment of Silva is his last opportunity to prove himself at Everton. (same for the crap Davies). I expect very little from them both and would be delighted to be proved 100% wrong.
And I sincerely hope you are proved wrong with such negativity towards two of our younger lads.
Bet you were one of those who booed Colin Harvey when he first broke into the first team eh ?

The reality of it is few people have an issue with DCL, his age, and his cost, they have an issue with those on here who proclaim him an amazing striker and fail to see his major issues. Hes young, he should have issues to work on, thats fine. But then those same people who declare him to be amazing, when they hear those saying hes not there yet, go call it abuse.

DCL is not the worst striker in the league. Hes also not going to get on a top 6 roster, dont pretend that he is because he runs a lot.

Harvey played his first game in the Italy away 0-1 exit in the European Cup. Can't remember anyone booing Harvey. He became an Everton great. The comparison is ridiculously over the top. I would be delighted if Calvert Lewin became a decent 1st team player, but an Everton Great? Wow that would be really something.

Harvey played his first game in the Italy away 0-1 exit in the European Cup. Can't remember anyone booing Harvey. He became an Everton great. The comparison is ridiculously over the top. I would be delighted if Calvert Lewin became a decent 1st team player, but an Everton Great? Wow that would be really something.
Yes, Colin debuted away in the San Siro, but it took him a while to be universally accepted and eventually recognised as one of the clubs greatest ever home grown players.
I'm not suggesting DCL will reach those heights, but if he did then it would indeed be a Wow. For me, he deserves some support to encourage him as he hones his game.
If he doesn't make it, at least he'll have tried but to have to do so under a cloud of negativity just makes it all the harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.