Hypothetical Manager Shortlist No.1

Next manager of our dearly beloved blueboys?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
sure Silva has potential but Fonseca has won stuff and Emery has won more stuff and then Wenger has won lots of stuff..... I'd still be happy with Silva though as it would help wash the taste of gravy from our club and remove li'l Sam's pee stains from the dugout.

Don’t mind silva if no one else is available or isn’t interested. The issue is, there are so many managers available or agitating for a move, and we have to be more attractive a proposition than West Ham, that if we get Silva, it will feel a bit underwhelming. He looks like the easy option, that isn’t really rocking the boat. Other than arsenal and Chelsea, there are no better premier league teams then us needing a manager. We have money, we have a new stadium coming, it should be exciting for any manager wanting a shot in the premier league.

For me, we should be going all out for either emery or Fonseca. Show people we mean business.

That's the thing that's mad about Emery, he was interviewed and declined us for PSG when Koeman was brought in. If we are praising Moshiri for going back to Silva because it's who he wanted originally, you'd think Emery would be up there because it's who they REALLY wanted originally

It's bizarre. If you want to build a side that can challenge for champions league places and win trophies, on a solid foundation in a competitive league. He's you man. It's a no-brainer for me.

That's if he is available and the quotes attributed to him are true. If first time round Moshiri got knocked back and then went for Koeman, fair enough. But to not pursue him now makes no sense to me.

I'm starting to feel more like I want Arteta. In think most of our options wouldn't come to us bar Silva and I for one don't want or believe he is any good. I'd prefer Arteta over Dyche or Howe who realistically are within reach. Even chucking an incredible salary at Wenger or Ancelotti etc won't get them to us because we aren'ty prestige enough or in the CL/Europe. Arteta has to be worth a punt. We just took a punt on Fathead when we didn't need to.

Funny thing is Silva was higher rated in Portugal than Fonseca about two years ago.

I know Silva hasn't set the world alight in the Premier League, although I don't think he was as bad as some make out, and Fonseca seems to have done well and progressed at Shakhtar, but I think it would be a similar gamble. A gamble I'll be happy for us to take for the record.

Silva is #3 on my list of realistic targets right now, only behind Emery and (just a little bit behind) Fonseca.

I know there's the Martinez v2 thing but if we get a proper DoF then sign me up! I think things would have turned out a whole lot different if there was someone above Bobby to occasionally kick his backside and remind him about things like defence and fitness. Hopefully Mosh has learnt his lesson and we won't get the awful Walsh glorified scout getting jobs for his pals type DoF ever again.

Dammit I'm almost starting to get optimistic about Everton again... We're going to end up with Martin O'Neill aren't we lol

Status
Not open for further replies.