Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I like Big Sam (I met him a while back and he seemed to have a genuine love for this club) he's completely failed since taking over.

The whining get doesn't half ramble on doesn't he.
Sadly I think the board are just keeping schtum to avoid getting stick themselves. They probably think get a couple of signings in and by the first game of next season we'll all have forgotten what a crap manager we have.

I think more likely they think 'no, we will just run the club and let you get on with doing the job you are paid £6m a year for'.

Unless Fonseca is ready to go, there is no reason at all to sack Allardyce. Sell a huge amount of players, make a trading profit, no contract extension, deliver an improvement.

He is lashing out at all and sundry in this latest interview, including the Board: the lack of public support from the Board plus the antipathy from the fans is clearly getting to him, despite his thick skin.
His time here is coming to a close and he knows it.

I think more likely they think 'no, we will just run the club and let you get on with doing the job you are paid £6m a year for'.

Unless Fonseca is ready to go, there is no reason at all to sack Allardyce. Sell a huge amount of players, make a trading profit, no contract extension, deliver an improvement.
Dismal either way.
I think if it was Fonseca we'd be getting stronger rumours by now.

He knows he is going and is lashing out at everyone and their dog. Basically anyone except himself because in Sam's world, he is the the Messiah. Thankfully, the population of Sam's world is 1. Can see there being a club announcement saying he is leaving over the next couple of days i.e before the last game. Cannot come soon enough for me. It will be the one and only thing worth celebrating this season.

Last summers transfer window was badly planned, badly targeted and badly executed, that will go down as one of the all-time spectacular failures of a window, more so perhaps for not replacing Lukaku than ending up with no pace, no guile and no idea.

Three number tens, various misfits and no goalscorer was a recipe for trouble, compounded by the recruitment fiasco following Koemans dismissal. Unsworth was left with the thankless task of soldiering on with a team bereft of confidence and competely rudderless. He was competely out of his depth and relegation was calling, that's why they were so desperate to escape anyway, anyhow.

All that's gone and can't be changed and Allardyce does get results however unpalatable his methods. He can't be blamed for past signings and his own have been far better.

Cenk Tosun - largely successful
Theo Walcott - provided badly needed width and pace

Both have been good

So while Allardyce ideally should be replaced his record of 36 pts from 24 games was sixth best in the league and certainly over a season may well have achieved 6th or 7th.

Of course we should aim for domestic cup runs too, but being drawn away at Anfield or Stamford Bridge in the first draw doesn't help, but I'm sure we should try next season if given a slightly easier passage.

Obviously we need a total reform of transfer policy from that followed last summer by the previous transfer and recruitment clowns, not least to try and stop any exodus of season ticket holders, but however justified or otherwise anger is to the current set-up, better players brings better football if planned correctly.

There really isn't much upside available as far as league position goes and any management change with such a truncated summer and so many high profile clubs looking is likely to be both difficult and fraught with risk, what there is though is a very considerable down side.

We can't just lose one manager without being in a position to be certain of better.

Status
Not open for further replies.