Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please fellow Blues, particularly those going the game on Saturday, do not waiver in your efforts to get this man out of our club. We must not settle for finishing the best of the rest, we have got to look at the bigger picture and look to the massive benefits of us achieving what we deserve and be challenging for the top position of all....apart from the joy of actually winning something....there are huge financial benefits, the board must have no doubt how the vast majoroty feel
I've heard he's hired a chariot and six white horses, and is planning to do a few laps of the blue gravel, throwing loaves to the adoring masses.

People read way too much into the press conferences. He'll have been told by Mosh/Sasha not to say anything and just answer everything with a straight bat.

We control that narrative not him and I'm certain he's been told as much.

At the moment that’s not true because Everton don’t say anything about anything ever and seem quite content for Sam and Bill to just go rogue and say whatever they want. The club is a shambles at the top.

A former manager gets slated for saying that he promised Champions league football.

You cant win really.

So you’re happy with finishing 8th season after season??

And I think you’ll find we’ve never been promised Champions League football. There’s a difference between promising and looking to challenge for it. And in Martinez’s first season he lived up to his word as we narrowly missed out.

Aiming to maintain 8th is an absolute disgrace and if you’re happy with that then you need to have a word with yourself or go and support Burnley or Watford.

Some of our fan base are a joke.

At the moment that’s not true because Everton don’t say anything about anything ever and seem quite content for Sam and Bill to just go rogue and say whatever they want. The club is a shambles at the top.
Moshiri set the standard here mate when he started calling Jim White to say things like we pulled out of the Sissoko signing because we already had (the injuried) James McCarthy or that Rom signed for United because a Vodoo whichdoctor told him too. They all talk absolute BS

Please fellow Blues, particularly those going the game on Saturday, do not waiver in your efforts to get this man out of our club. We must not settle for finishing the best of the rest, we have got to look at the bigger picture and look to the massive benefits of us achieving what we deserve and be challenging for the top position of all....apart from the joy of actually winning something....there are huge financial benefits, the board must have no doubt how the vast majoroty feel

I'll be honest mate I'm just gonna have a pie and a pint at the match and follow the game quietly on BBC text commentary. I don't come to Goodison to make noise, just nice to not drink alone.

Sadly yes mate.

I'm there doing a piece for an online article and after the stream cuts out he was having a laugh with us all about having had off the fan base and how he found it all quite amusing. He mentioned a couple of extra bits about injuries and players coming back and then carried on telling us all about our fan base probably being the most baffling and deluded he's seen in his time in football, shrugged his shoulders and off he went.
Pity you couldn't have filmed it on our mobile and posted it on twitter. The fans could have educated him at the game tomorrow;)

In my book, as Evertonians this is what we are entitled to. Players, staff and management working towards keeping the heritage of the club alive. That has to be earned, decade on decade. Our heritage as a club is what makes us Evertonians and why players become attached to the club.

We are a bedrock in the community and a national, worldwide football institution.

This is true but I think our fans need to find a balance in expectations and show some patience if/when the new manager is brought in, or we are going to come across as very deluded and similar to the likes of West Ham with their laughable 'West Ham Way'.

Allardyce needs to be replaced by a manager who can have a plan for the future, maintain some stability, but also have us going in to every game believing we can win with attractive football on display for a considerable number of games. I fear that some are going to call for Allardyce to leave, and then expect a new manager to just instantly have us challenging the top 5/6 next season, then the top 4 after that.

It's very unlikely. If Arsenal continue to decline then 6th is potentially up for grabs, but they still have some very very good players in their side including 2x £55m+ strikers.

If a new manager comes in and gets us playing well, actually tries to win away from home and against the top 6, but ends up 7th, I think most of us will accept that. We just can't afford to have a season where we go backwards like this one. I don't even mind us having a few stable seasons in 7th if the football is exciting, and we get some good moments say, finally win a derby or away at Arsenal or Chelsea. Then if that manager isn't ready to take us on, with the new Stadium drawing closer by that point we can potentially go for a manager that is out of our league at the moment.

How did he do in the presser? Haven't seen it yet. Love his pressers. I'm very submissive to trolling. Love it I do. Troll me Big Samuel. In fact don't spoil me. I'll catch it later Kleenex on hand.

Moshiri set the standard here mate when he started calling Jim White to say things like we pulled out of the Sissoko signing because we already had (the injuried) James McCarthy or that Rom signed for United because a Vodoo whichdoctor told him too. They all talk absolute BS

It’s abdoluteky baffling because he’s supposedly a top businessman yet has presided over a complete and utter shambles.

Talking to the wrong group of people mate. The most easily pleased fan group in the league. There’ll be people oohing and ahing if a centreback picks a forward pass into midfield on Saturday. The break point for me was an ovation for that rat Schneiderlin coming off against Newcastle. The fans at Goodison have no standards at all and will be warmly applauding another season of nothing.

I'm sorry, but all I see is, if he recruits well in the summer, he wants to maintain the position we are in now.

I thought it came across differently and he wanted to maintain 8th this season, before seeing what recruitment is like before deciding on next seasons target, just my opinion.

Leicester are four points behind us, have three games left, two of which are against Arsenal and Spurs. There's not much chance of them overtaking us, even if we manage to 'Everton' the next two games.
Equally why would he be talking about (further) recruitment to maintain our position this season?

He wanted to maintain 8th this season as it’s not sealed. Then the recruitment was about next season and seeing who we bring in. He can’t plan for top 6 with this squad as it’s clearly not good enough as it’s 8th.

No he wasn't. The context was he was talking about the pre-season and he said his aim was to maintain 7/8th for next season and it all depended on the recruitment in the summer. From 11:35 in the PC below.

He was asked about this squad and top4/6. He talked about where we finished last season, where are are currently and maintaining our ‘current’ position. Then went on to say about recruitment as this squad clearly isn’t good enough for top 6 as it is 8th so he needs to see who we bring in. That’s how it came across to me.

Then why is he talking about recruitment in the summer in the same context?

He was talking about currently maintaining 8th as the seasons not over. This squad isn’t good enough for 6th as it is in 8th position and he was asked is this squad is good enough. The recruitment was for next season as he needs to see who we bring in before targeting anything higher as the current squad isn’t good enough. Just how it came across to me. Clearly different for others.

What you on about you clown?

How is he talking about finishing top 4 or 6 this season when it’s mathematically impossible with 2 games left??

They asked him about pushing for top 4 or 6 next season and that was his negative response.

Comment not really needed. It came across different to me, doesn’t mean you can insult me.

He wasn’t taking about finishing top 4/6 this season. He was asked if this squad is good enough for top4/6 next season. He mentioned last seasons 7th, then our current position and maintaining that. Before discussing potential recruitment as this squad clearly isn’t good enough for top 6, as they are 8th. He has to wait to see who comes in before knowing our aims in the league.

As I’ve said, that’s just how it came across to me. It’s all irrelevant anyway. He won’t be here next season.

I thought it came across differently and he wanted to maintain 8th this season, before seeing what recruitment is like before deciding on next seasons target, just my opinion.

He wanted to maintain 8th this season as it’s not sealed. Then the recruitment was about next season and seeing who we bring in. He can’t plan for top 6 with this squad as it’s clearly not good enough as it’s 8th.

He was asked about this squad and top4/6. He talked about where we finished last season, where are are currently and maintaining our ‘current’ position. Then went on to say about recruitment as this squad clearly isn’t good enough for top 6 as it is 8th so he needs to see who we bring in. That’s how it came across to me.

He was talking about currently maintaining 8th as the seasons not over. This squad isn’t good enough for 6th as it is in 8th position and he was asked is this squad is good enough. The recruitment was for next season as he needs to see who we bring in before targeting anything higher as the current squad isn’t good enough. Just how it came across to me. Clearly different for others.

Comment not really needed. It came across different to me, doesn’t mean you can insult me.

He wasn’t taking about finishing top 4/6 this season. He was asked if this squad is good enough for top4/6 next season. He mentioned last seasons 7th, then our current position and maintaining that. Before discussing potential recruitment as this squad clearly isn’t good enough for top 6, as they are 8th. He has to wait to see who comes in before knowing our aims in the league.

As I’ve said, that’s just how it came across to me.
Apology accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.