Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every week before the meeting with the media there is a level of expectation that Sam will give some hint about leaving... he never does and there is the resulting fume... every week.

I think that Sam is staying... but if not , it will be after the end of the season when Sam will announce that he has decided to leave even though the club wanted him to see out the remainder of his contract and he would now officially retire.

The club will thank for all his efforts and wish him well for the future and it will look as if it the choice of Sam to retire, and it might well be. Sam will be allowed to leave on his own terms but the speed at which his replacement is found will be the real indicator as to who really made the decision.

The reaction after the game tomorrow will be fascinating, if it is hostile to Sam then he is wrong and it is not a minority against him.
If the reaction is not hostile then it is fair to accept that what he is saying is correct and it is a minority that opposes him.

Comes from the top though. Elstone and Kenwright do not want us any higher than best of the rest as it puts a pressure on them that they cannot achieve. As long as Moshiri leaves these two incompetent fools in position then he is equally as culpable. They need to go by the summer ortherwisr their remit to every manager will just be 7th.

the fact they remained when Moshiri took control showed us where his own ambitions lay.

and guess what 2 1/2 years on, we are even more stagnant.

this club will not be moving forward under his stewardship.

we will simply stagnate

@davek

Did he really say that?

Sadly yes mate.

I'm there doing a piece for an online article and after the stream cuts out he was having a laugh with us all about having had off the fan base and how he found it all quite amusing. He mentioned a couple of extra bits about injuries and players coming back and then carried on telling us all about our fan base probably being the most baffling and deluded he's seen in his time in football, shrugged his shoulders and off he went.

I've never seen a site with so many threads revolving around the same topic (maybe Utd and their dissatisfaction with Mourinho's style of play). He's gotta go at the end of the season surely?! This is the equivalent of Hodgson being apppointed to Liverpool, but at least Hodgson had the redeeming quality of generally being likeable! The worst managerial appointment Everton have made in my lifetime IMHO.

Sam's words since the london meeting have all seemed like a bloke trying to say the right things so that he keeps his "leave without making a fuss" bonus brown envelope. If he knew he was staying he would be into smug overdrive telling the "small minority" where to stick it.

At least that is what I keep telling myself.

I don’t like him, never have done, but that’s not what he said. He was asked about pushing for top 4/6 and said we came 7th last season, 8th at the moment and “we want to try and maintain that position, that 8th In The league” but he was talking about this season as there are still games left. He then goes on to talk about positions will be dependent on players incoming. If you are going to quote him, don’t do it like journalists and change the words.

What you on about you clown?

How is he talking about finishing top 4 or 6 this season when it’s mathematically impossible with 2 games left??

They asked him about pushing for top 4 or 6 next season and that was his negative response.

Sadly yes mate.

I'm there doing a piece for an online article and after the stream cuts out he was having a laugh with us all about having had off the fan base and how he found it all quite amusing. He mentioned a couple of extra bits about injuries and players coming back and then carried on telling us all about our fan base probably being the most baffling and deluded he's seen in his time in football, shrugged his shoulders and off he went.
i love him now.

Sadly yes mate.

Thanks for putting your head on the line there mate.

What you on about you clown?

How is he talking about finishing top 4 or 6 this season when it’s mathematically impossible with 2 games left??

They asked him about pushing for top 4 or 6 next season and that was his negative response.

A former manager gets slated for saying that he promised Champions league football.

You cant win really.

‘Small minority’ taking the piss yet again.

Genuinely hope any happy-clappers are chased out of the stadium tomorrow. It is our last chance to show that we don’t want this oaf.
But, if there isn't a hostile reception isn't Sam right and it is a minority or should approx. 40k people be chased out ?

I think the reaction tomorrow will be fascinating... I genuinely have no idea which way it will go and with the players parade around the ground afterwards there will be ample opportunity for people to show their feelings.

Will Sam join the players as they thank the fans, go separately or not go at all ?

Please fellow Blues, particularly those going the game on Saturday, do not waiver in your efforts to get this man out of our club. We must not settle for finishing the best of the rest, we have got to look at the bigger picture and look to the massive benefits of us achieving what we deserve and be challenging for the top position of all....apart from the joy of actually winning something....there are huge financial benefits, the board must have no doubt how the vast majoroty feel

People read way too much into the press conferences. He'll have been told by Mosh/Sasha not to say anything and just answer everything with a straight bat.

We control that narrative not him and I'm certain he's been told as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.