Hypothetical Manager Shortlist No.1

Next manager of our dearly beloved blueboys?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If atletico go out tonight, simeone got to be worth a sniff.
If you want to be one of the big boys, you have to think like the big boys.

As a back up Brazil's tit is also worth a sniff.

I think a lot will depend on the DOF situation. If Brands comes in i can us going with Van Gaal or someone he thinks he can work with. If Walsh stays then Sam will stay.

i like silva, i think his work previous to hull get's totally overlooked. I mean is his work abroad much worse than fonseca's? If fonseca came over to the UK and managed two teams like hull and watford and we were in this situation in two years time, we'd be basing it off that instead of what he'd done at shakthar.

It does seem silva is below fonseca because he decided to move to the prem as opposed to his managerial ability.

I think the work he did at Hull gets overlooked because it wasnt as good as Everton even now, under Sam, over the last few weeks we have been much better then they proberbly ever have been, what is considered good football for Hull isnt something Everton should ever aspire to.
Its about standards, we want to push for top 4 or even top 6 but are happy with the standard of a team in the bottom 3? Makes no sense. SIlva showed no sign of being able to improve Everton, he did however show signs of maybe keeping a team up who are in the bottom 6 o 7, like we were when we approached him.

I agree with the point you make on Fonseca, but it comes down to Silva has failed in the Prem, Fonseca hasnt but only because he hasn't had a chance to so far

Silva has relegated Hull and was sacked at Watford, they had a good run like a lot of teams do when they come up but that normal service was resumed and they dropped away. Then somehow we got the blame for there downturn in form, if that’s all it takes for him to fail then he is not the manager I want.

Our next managerial appointment is going to be very very important, it’s just whether the board want to appoint Silva with the hope he somehow shows more than he has done and can turn things around third time lucky, or whether they want to give someone else a chance.

I don’t actually know who I want because there seems to be a drought of managers available this year but I couldn’t be going for Silva.

The next managers contract will probably be about 4 years, just when we are supposed to be moving into a new ground, we need to take our time with this choice.

Watford did finish 4th bottom last season? They were favourites to go down and he had the right at the top end of the table producing great football. I think he nearly pulled off the breezy escape act every at Hull. They started the season with about 13 players and their only man who was singly handedly keeping them up snodgrass was then sold before Silva got there. They shouldn't have come close when he arrived. But he did get them in a position where they should have stayed up.

He done brilliant work before he came over here too. He wouldn't be my first choice , but I wouldn't be gutted if he did come, could go either way really. I see marrinez similarities but he's also never had any good defenders to work with in his time in england so far I think he'd get a fine tune out of our attacking options though and we'd actually go for wins at the top sides. Marrinez is our only manager in about 20 years to actually go with that mentality.

Having been comprehensively wrong about all of our appointments ever, I can confidently say we should definitely appoint the Latin heartthrob with the big Mickey

I believe Silva or Howe would be very underwhelming choices and I would urge Moshiri to really splash the cash and go for one of the big boys, after all money talks.

Howe won't leave Bournemouth any time soon, he bombed at Burnley and won't want to risk nausing up again.

Some of you want a long time project and shouts for Silva. Over my ded body.
He will walk away as always if a "bigger club" comes in for him again and we will start over again. Just check his stats.

I would rather go for Eddie H or Dyche and please not Fonseca...

So let me figure this out

Your saying that we shouldn't appoint a particular manager because he may become too successful and therefore we will lose out when a bigger club snatches him away?

Priceless.......

Status
Not open for further replies.