Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the most dangerous thing about going into next season with a manager who remains deeply unpopular with a large proportion of us is that if we do not start well or hit a downturn early on ,things will turn very nasty , very quickly.
Worst case is we end up in the same situation as last year.
Definitely wouldn't take much if he's here next year if things didn't start well and where or who do we turn to then

Is he really going to stay ?

Because what his team plays is not football. I don’t know what it is, but it’s not football :)

I am not an old Everton fan but I can say that it’s a shame that a big team like that is not able to play better.

You have quality players like Walcott, Pickford and Sigurdsson, and the financial potential to buy some even better players. You can’t let them play in a team that cannot make 3 passes in a row.

Maybe Sam had good results but this team could have the same results (and maybe better ones) by actually playing football. So the choice is obvious for me.

Next year, an offensive coach + Pickford-Coleman-Jagielka-Mori-Baines-Schneiderlin-Gana-Sigurdsson-Walcott-Lookman-Cenk should make you much more happier I think. (The team is without any transfer, so the quality would be even better with new arrivals.)

Perhaps the most dangerous thing about going into next season with a manager who remains deeply unpopular with a large proportion of us is that if we do not start well or hit a downturn early on ,things will turn very nasty , very quickly.
Worst case is we end up in the same situation as last year.

The only thing that would turn the entrenched polarized fans is a CL spot or silverware in my opinion.

It’s quite amazing, many have judged him before he came, to be fair it’s backed up by awful performences, but it’s been hugely effective and he has done well. Does two things will split the fan base.

The real question is if he stays is there headroom to improve performances and recruit better and balance the squad to be better. That is intriguing, he is getting a tune out of a poorly constructed team. He is not stupid he knows fans want a performence, I think he might just try to give it. I think he tried it today by making the couple of changes he did in Vlasic etc.

I really don't understand how Allardyce can be left in charge and recruit players this summer for his way of playing when he only has 12 months to run on his contract.

Moshiri should either extend his contract - please God no - or sack him.

To do neither runs completely contrary to any cohesive recruitment policy.

We've massively improved since he came in.

We can't pretend that he hasn't made changes that have made us far more solid at the back.

If the chairman does decide to keep with him, whilst not ideal, I understand the reasoning.

Not sure we have tbh. We have just played worse teams. Koeman only lost games to the top 7 this season. Sam has lost to 6 of them.

Yeah that’s a fair point mate we had tough fixtures and also Europe to contend with. That said you have to play everyone again on the back nine.

Hopefully we improve as well. I think the tactics may be a presu,potion, we don’t really know, he’s managing a team he didn’t recruit at the mo.

I’m not particularly advocating for him, I think the club need stability above all else if I’m honest. I’m trying to be objective apart from the entertainment which has been dire he has actually done quite well with another mans poorly constructed team. The heat he gets on here is no way a refelection of the job he was asked to do and how well he has done it which he has.

I take the point i think initially he did well with a shambles. But the anger directed towards him is partly due to the frustrations of a summer that promised so much turning to dust, this heightens the criticism? But it's also his management style and his negative mindset.Even though I don't want him here I would even take his turgid negative football if he got results and he wasn't such a wind up merchant who only cares about himself. He gets some results against dross mainly at home and gives up games against the bigger teams. The reality is most teams we are playing lately, are bad or their seasons are over so it's not a like for like. I judge him on games like Arsenal away, Swansea away, West Bromwich away, Liverpool reserves at home we failed in every game. I think the evidence from his time at West ham proves he will only get us to where we are now, even if he stayed for three years. Riding high according to him. Riding high.

What's your position now: are you looking to retain SA or happy to say "job done, but now we move on"?

Job done and move on. Thanks for getting us out the mire and a respectable league position.

I'm not aggrieved by the standard of performances and the tit-for-tat stats a lot seem to get upset by as I feel that there's no way of getting that squad to be playing attractive football as well as results. I'm used to bad football and results under many seasons under Moyes.

He's come in and done the job I expected with the tools at his disposal. He's also brought in two signings that really eclipse the ones made by the Dutch Nemesis.

But I agree that long term he's not the right man as he's not the type of manager that rebuilds. Asking him to turf out 6-8 players and replace them with quality that adds balance and an identity isn't a job for him.

Above everything, he's created a rift between fans and manager and club, unless we all pull in the same direction we will never get anywhere. He talks us down constantly so he can trumpet any point he gets, now the media view us on a level with Leicester, West ham and Newcastle when our budget and ambition should be aiming for more. I know it might take years but we have to think long term and Sam is a short term sticking plaster. And he's disrespected Everton fans since Christmas. For that I'd sack him regardless personally.

I dont think he created a rift. There was a rift when he was employed and fans were waiting for that moment to strike.

Big Sam has been there before and plays the same game when the fanbase has a go.

This isn't his first rodeo.

I called for Sam to stay a lot earlier than some now seem to be. But even so, what I have noticed is that the results have been getting more and more consistent and solid, week by week.

I have been looking at the team put out by Sam each week and in general he has gone for safety and experience.

I wonder if playing Vlasic today is a sign that he believes he will be here next season and is starting to look at some squad players.

I called for Sam to stay a lot earlier than some now seem to be. But even so, what I have noticed is that the results have been getting more and more consistent and solid, week by week.

Said it earlier Kev, if anyone else had done it, most would be ok.

Trouble is, imo, his demeanour and comments, put a lot off, me included. But you cannot say he has not delivered what he was asked to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.