Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats simply not true and I suggest you get up to speed on the facts. The Clubs get him in to stop the rot, give him hardly any money so he has to go for "end of the line " players. He doesnt sign them on long contracts or huge "wedges". If the bollox you are talking wasnt bollox then how come that under Allardyce these teams make steady progression? With the few resources he gets from the failing clubs he goes to he performs miracles. "We want results and sustainable football" Lol! well you are getting results from a failed team and its sustainable. Now if you are talking about style of play thats down to bringing in players with the quality to play it and
maintain success.
My main objection is that I don't believe his tactics will ever be able to close the gap on the top clubs, which is meant to be our aim isn't it?
Regardless of the quality of player recruited I think his teams will always bottom out exactly where we are now.
As he admitted himself today , 'he couldn't do anymore ' ,and I think he's correct on this, he couldn't.
On top of this ,his teams surrender so much ground to get 10 men behind the ball in the final third and habitually operate with an isolated striker, which makes for dreary viewing on a good day let alone a poor one.
I just want some hope of improvement next season and Allardyce hasn't convinced me he's capable of anything better.

33 points since taking over, his first game being on the 2nd of Dec, 15 games into the season.

33 points in 21 game

That’s an average of 1.57 point a game.

If that Average was to be repeated over a season we would have 56 points.

Pretty much where Arsenal are.

Has to be said though the above is based on managing I think we would all agrree is another mans poorly recruited team.

But that excludes the run again top six teams we kicked off the season with. And next year teams will improve. He doesn't change in game tactics. Sure I give him the credit of steadying the ship but do I believe he can kick on to beyond 7th?No.

Silva had Watford playing some stunning stuff early doors. Went belly up after our approach with some accusations that he took his eye off the ball. BUT, I’ve also seen plenty say it was actually the players who downed tools after he failed to publicly state his commitment to them after our approach.

If he could get us playing regularly like he had Watford playing pre-approach, then I could very easily watch a season of that a Goodison it would be some ride.

It's a slight risk but Silva. He would develop an identity, will invest in younger players, plays good football. Isn't afraid of the bigger clubs. Can spot a player, good coach, is young enough to stay for three years at least. He isn't my first choice but he'd give me more hope than Sam.
Jesus we want ambition not another failure....swerve....Watford 0:6 ManC...entertaining though wasn't it? (n)(n)(n)

But that excludes the run again top six teams we kicked off the season with. And next year teams will improve. He doesn't change in game tactics. Sure I give him the credit of steadying the ship but do I believe he can kick on to beyond 7th?No.

Yeah that’s a fair point mate we had tough fixtures and also Europe to contend with. That said you have to play everyone again on the back nine.

Hopefully we improve as well. I think the tactics may be a presu,potion, we don’t really know, he’s managing a team he didn’t recruit at the mo.

I’m not particularly advocating for him, I think the club need stability above all else if I’m honest. I’m trying to be objective apart from the entertainment which has been dire he has actually done quite well with another mans poorly constructed team. The heat he gets on here is no way a refelection of the job he was asked to do and how well he has done it which he has.

I honestly cannot understand how anyone could want Allardyce here next season. Sure he has done what was asked of him, nobody would deny that but he has never won anything in his managerial career other than lower level leagues and promotions. This is Everton we are talking about, one of the most successful and long serving clubs in English football with a huge amount of honours and achievements to be proud of in our history, but it has been far too long and is becoming a distant memory now. We cannot allow ourselves to become a club where mediocrity becomes the norm and acceptable. Our expectations and ambitions should always be to win trophies, get high up the table and to try and win the league again as we move forward and improve. 8th will never acceptable to me and especially in a league that has been as poor as this one has been this season.

Having someone like Sam Allardyce at the helm is the complete opposite what Everton's ambitions and expectations should be. From game 1, his target will be to try and not get beat and to reach 40 points for safety. Beating any of the top 6 or 7 teams will be seen as a bonus and a rarity and mostly expected losses. The football will continue to be dull, boring and tedious, the arrogance, lies, disrespect and ignorance of the club and supporters will continue and worsen, the lowering of peoples expectations, acceptance of mediocrity, the blame shifting, credit stealing and the I, We and They will all continue. We will continue to have other supporters laughing at us for having him as our Manager and for good reasons. If he was Liverpool's Manager i would be laughing my head off too.

It is just beyond me how anyone could want that for next season. I want to win things and i want the best teams in the league to be cacking themselves when they play us and i want to be on the end of my seat filled with excitement when watching my beloved blues.

I will never accept mediocrity. He has to go lads.
Hopefully he is.

Above everything, he's created a rift between fans and manager and club, unless we all pull in the same direction we will never get anywhere. He talks us down constantly so he can trumpet any point he gets, now the media view us on a level with Leicester, West ham and Newcastle when our budget and ambition should be aiming for more. I know it might take years but we have to think long term and Sam is a short term sticking plaster. And he's disrespected Everton fans since Christmas. For that I'd sack him regardless personally.

Perhaps the most dangerous thing about going into next season with a manager who remains deeply unpopular with a large proportion of us is that if we do not start well or hit a downturn early on ,things will turn very nasty , very quickly.
Worst case is we end up in the same situation as last year.

We've massively improved since he came in.

We can't pretend that he hasn't made changes that have made us far more solid at the back.

If the chairman does decide to keep with him, whilst not ideal, I understand the reasoning.

I suppose if you're happy with just the results then obviously Sam being here next year isn't a problem. If you're bothered about how those results are obtained, which I suspect, is the major point in the out argument, then Sam starting next season is a problem. It seems people at the game are fed up of being bored and they've every right to be.
This is the crux of it. It cost me and my lad about £100 a match. He yawned mid way through a match a few weeks ago and I asked him if he was tired. “No, just bored” was his reply. He is 9 and loved last season as we were pretty entertaining at home last year, but this season has been a tough watch.

Yup and back on the merry go round. I think we get this season out of the way and look at who is the best man and DOF to take us forward. No keeping someone just for the sake of it. Sam Allardyce only cares about one person Sam Allardyce.

Status
Not open for further replies.