Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
JS98222005.jpg

lol

That is a club with succes and that man won somethings... we need to focus on our club ffs

Everton chief Farhad Moshiri prepares to determine future of Sam Allardyce at crunch board meeting
  • Everton chiefs will hold a meeting this week to discuss Sam Allardyce's future
  • The 63-year-old came out of retirement to steady to Everton ship last November
  • Allardyce was incensed by the club's decision to poll fans on his performance

Everton will stage a board meeting this week that is likely to determine Sam Allardyce's long-term future.

Allardyce signed an 18-month contract when he was appointed by major shareholder Farhad Moshiri last November but there has been persistent speculation around his position and his relationship with Everton supporters is tense.

Moshiri insisted Allardyce would provide 'strong leadership' after he convinced the 63-year-old to come out of retirement but Everton have struggled to find direction this season.

Club officials were left red-faced last week when a survey was sent out to season ticket holders in which they were asked to rate the former England manager's ability to lead the team.

Allardyce was furious about the episode and revealed on Thursday he had received an apology from the club's hierarchy. But Allardyce also said that he wanted Moshiri to provide clarity on his future, as the constant speculation 'was not healthy'.

Paulo Fonseca, the Shakthar Donetsk manager, and Marco Silva - whom Moshiri tried to appoint after the sacking of Ronald Koeman last October - continue to be linked to Everton and it will become clear after the board have convened whether the Iranian billionaire will stand by Allardyce or look elsewhere.

Sunday papers sadly can not be trusted.

Nevertheless the decision will have to be made soon one would think?

I confess to being confused by all this nose tapping and hinting. Who was interviewed by whom and what is the relevance? What does the Board meeting thing have to do with it and is it real - if so from whence? What could be revealed in the interview? If its that hot how can they keep a lid on it for 2 days? Yes, I am the anti-ITK and I am confused.... can someone explain in clear language.

Everton chief Farhad Moshiri prepares to determine future of Sam Allardyce at crunch board meeting

Everton will stage a board meeting this week that is likely to determine Sam Allardyce's long-term future.

Club officials were left red-faced last week when a survey was sent out to season ticket holders in which they were asked to rate the former England manager's ability to lead the team.

Allardyce was furious about the episode and revealed on Thursday he had received an apology from the club's hierarchy. But Allardyce also said that he wanted Moshiri to provide clarity on his future, as the constant speculation 'was not healthy'.

Paulo Fonseca, the Shakthar Donetsk manager, and Marco Silva - whom Moshiri tried to appoint after the sacking of Ronald Koeman last October - continue to be linked to Everton and it will become clear after the board have convened whether the Iranian billionaire will stand by Allardyce or look elsewhere.

Sunday papers sadly can not be trusted.

They can be trusted to spin a story though.

To the uninitiated, it would appear that the Poll was solely about the manager’s performance and that it was unprecedented.

When the truth is the questionnaire covered a wide range of things about how we view the club and a similiar survey was conducted by Mr. Kenyon a year ago.

I confess to being confused by all this nose tapping and hinting. Who was interviewed by whom and what is the relevance? What does the Board meeting thing have to do with it and is it real - if so from whence? What could be revealed in the interview? If its that hot how can they keep a lid on it for 2 days? Yes, I am the anti-ITK and I am confused.... can someone explain in clear language.

The rumour is Big Sam was interviewed by King in the mail and it will be published on Monday. Sounds like he will make more excuses pointing the finger at the board. Will this spark a chain of events with him being sacked and others like Elstone and Walsh leaving too one can hope? Who knows though, it could be more speculation it's all grist to the mill of this utter shambles of a club really.

Status
Not open for further replies.