Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on another thread suggested that rather than Allardyce we should have gone for Carvalhal even though he'd been sacked by Sheff Wed.He's done OK at Swansea but next season will be the real test.Watford change managers like underwear,and I've a feeling this questionnaire farce is going to put Moshiri in a bad light with quite a few potential managers.

I suggested him to prove how absurd your belief is that Allardyce was the only guy interested in coming here.

Please god intervene
JS98222005.jpg

lol

I suggested him to prove how absurd your belief is that Allardyce was the only guy interested in coming here.

From my understanding at the time he was.

Tuchel turned us down, Shakhtar refused us permission for Paulo, Watford wanted to sue us over Silva, there are of course more than 3 managers in world football, but our options are very limited in the middle of a season.

Maybe Moshiri is thinking he’s got to pay the 6M anyway so why not get some return and make the Gravy Swiller work until the season’s end. Personally I think its a mistake but our selfish desire for some imminent renewed excitement about our beloved club may not hold sway over the money side of things...

And I can only ask again,who else showed interest?You can guess as much as you want but the position was open and nobody applied

It was only ever a short term contract that was offered as Moshiri's main targets weren't available - Martin O'Neill turned the same short term contract down (widely reported in the Irish media as the reason he was stalling on signing a new contract with Ireland) before we went back to Allardyce.

And I can only ask again,who else showed interest?You can guess as much as you want but the position was open and nobody applied
Of course since you aren't a member of Evertons board or office staff, you cannot assert with any confidence that no- one applied you are just assuming with no evidence whatsoever.

From my understanding at the time he was.

Tuchel turned us down, Shakhtar refused us permission for Paulo, Watford wanted to sue us over Silva, there are of course more than 3 managers in world football, but our options are very limited in the middle of a season.
You forgot to mention Diego's still turning it over in his mind.

M
I wish we’d just announce Allardyce was going so there could actually be some excitement for next season. I’ve forgotten what it’s felt like to be excited about Everton.

Maybe they're saving it for that last game, go out on a high, give us something back?

Maybe we could do a lap of honour and the players and the board can clap us?

Status
Not open for further replies.