Paulo Fonseca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moshiri will be aware of the candidates present elsewhere. Marco Silva is still out of work with Everton having been prepared to pay up to £15 million for him last November when he was at Watford and Paulo Fonseca is coming to the end of his contract with Shakhtar Donetsk. Three of the managers contacted before Koeman’s appointment could also be available in Unai Emery, Manuel Pellegrini and David Moyes.
249.gif

Seriously, what the absolute F is this about??

It's fair to say that Silva didn't solve Watford's defensive woes, but it's important to point out he didn't cause them either. They conceded 20 goals in the last 8 games of last season, and have conceded 12 in their last 4 games, so defending is an issue which runs a lot deeper than Silva.

To be fair mate you cant say that about Silva unless we are going to go down the dont blame big Sam for any of our problems. Silva is a poor manager but at the time we went for him he might of been acceptable to replace Koeman just to get shut of the Dutchman

Something we hear a lot at Everton. Boils my urine! if it's not the manger causing problems, it's the players...and in many cases, both.
Just wish we could sweep the lot of them away and start again.
To be fair the atmosphere at any place of work is influenced more by the management and the owners than by the employees. One of the aims of good management is to foster and promote a positive atmosphere at the workplace as it obviously aids productivity if your workforce is at least reasonably content. Failure to achieve this is a major and integral failure of management and one which few managers in any industry can survive.

To be fair mate you cant say that about Silva unless we are going to go down the dont blame big Sam for any of our problems. Silva is a poor manager but at the time we went for him he might of been acceptable to replace Koeman just to get shut of the Dutchman
No, that doesn't make sense as a comparison.

I'm not saying that you can't blame Silva for anything, simply that it's too simplistic to suggest he's not capable of organising a defence when the defence was poor both before and after him aswell. Had he taken over a solid unit and made it porous, or had defensive issues which were immediately solved by his successor then it would be a reasonable shout, but as neither of those things are correct, it's not.

For the record, I don't blame Allardyce for the vast majority of our issues. I have plenty of issues with him but I can't really blame him for the fact we have no creativity in midfield for example, because that isn't a problem of his making.

To be fair the atmosphere at any place of work is influenced more by the management and the owners than by the employees. One of the aims of good management is to foster and promote a positive atmosphere at the workplace as it obviously aids productivity if your workforce is at least reasonably content. Failure to achieve this is a major and integral failure of management and one which few managers in any industry can survive.
True. But I don't think you can compare some of the dummy splitters we've had recently with a normal work place environment. They're assets worth millions, and unfortunately we can't just bin them off. And while they're here, they spread the poison.
They clearly don't fancy Allardyce, and I don't blame them, but it'd be nice to show the fans a bit of professionalism while he's here.

True. But I don't think you can compare some of the dummy splitters we've had recently with a normal work place environment. They're assets worth millions, and unfortunately we can't just bin them off. And while they're here, they spread the poison.
They clearly don't fancy Allardyce, and I don't blame them, but it'd be nice to show the fans a bit of professionalism while he's here.
All workers are represent value to their employers regardless of their earnings. A good manager will deal with any disgruntled employees by firstly addressing their concerns and seeing if they can be rectified. So called troublemakers don't exist in a vacuum , if they have no real grievance their fellow workers will generally ignore and even shun them. If their grievance however is based on a reality ,perceived or otherwise ,they gain traction and can cause unrest. A good manager will identify and attempt to correct any problem. Even in football their are ways to neutralise individuals you do not want , see Miralles. Ultimately by proving yourself a good and efficient manager who can give good directions and can adequately address any problems will begin to get the majority onside.
I would like to suggest an alternative to the idea of a nest of insurrectionist players and that is that we have a group of players who have had three successive poorly performing managers inflicted upon them, and are now consequently demoralised.

Isn't that just basically saying what Joyce printed before? Don't know if Corbett is ITK tbh.
There have been persistent rumours of unrest and infighting at our club for sometime now, enough to suggest all is not well behind the scenes.
It is becoming increasingly apparent that strong leadership is lacking throughout.
Leadership begins at the top and it is high time someone stepped forward and began sorting this mess out.

There have been persistent rumours of unrest and infighting at our club for sometime now, enough to suggest all is not well behind the scenes.
It is becoming increasingly apparent that strong leadership is lacking throughout.
Leadership begins at the top and it is high time someone stepped forward and began sorting this mess out.

I'm more than happy to build a giant thunderdome, lob them all in and watch just one man leave ( well 2, Coleman and Pickford.....well maybe 4 or 5 but thats about it )

Status
Not open for further replies.