Paulo Fonseca

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it doesn’t PSG are nothing to do with us.

If we where getting Silva, we would of sacked Sam at 40 points and given Silva the rest of the season to look at the squad.

I was thinking this but also I cant get out of my head that we only offered Allardyce a 6 month deal originally and whether we have some kind of break clause and dont have to pay as much compensation if he lasts the season.

You just hope that lessons have been learnt and that if (please god say we are) we do change manager that they are already pretty much tied up.

No it doesn’t PSG are nothing to do with us.

If we where getting Silva, we would of sacked Sam at 40 points and given Silva the rest of the season to look at the squad.
Silva would be our 4th manager this season if that happened making him the 5th Man to manage Everton in the 2 years Moshiri has been here. I still believe we'll sack Sam and bring a new man in and it might be Silva but it won't happen during this season - just to save a bit of face if anything. There's nothing to say they haven't already spoken to Silva and agreed a move and he's already working on plans for next season. I think it's quite telling that he hasn't taken another job yet despite reported interest.

I am intrigued by the continuing debate on the respective qualities of Fonseca/Silva mainly because I happened to read a couple of articles a while back ( I think around the time Silva took up the Hull appointment) in which both were discussed as potential top managers and both happening to be Portugese.
Interestingly Silva ,who is I think 5 years younger, was the most highly rated though both were being hotly tipped.

When he took over at Shakhtar he was unable to buy any players and he turned them in to champions, he took some of their players that where out in the cold so to speak and put them in the team. So he has the ability to improve players
Hopefully he takes some of our players out in the cold to Speke

I am intrigued by the continuing debate on the respective qualities of Fonseca/Silva mainly because I happened to read a couple of articles a while back ( I think around the time Silva took up the Hull appointment) in which both were discussed as potential top managers and both happening to be Portugese.
Interestingly Silva ,who is I think 5 years younger, was the most highly rated though both were being hotly tipped.
i can't decide when it comes to Silva. The first few months of the season Watford were fearless and fantastic to watch and that clearly comes from him. He took a terrible Hull side and got them playing entertaining footie - granted he couldn't save them but i can't think of many managers who could have to be fair. Obviously his downfall at Watford is concerning but i think there's a top manager in there. i think he'll be winning major honours at some point in the future. That said I've got Bisto vision now when it comes to managers, they all look world class compared to Fat Sam.... hell i'd take Warnock if it meant Gravy Nips was binned.

pmsl at people believing anything they read on Twitter. I have to always bite my tongue whenever my dad claims something is true because it is "on newsnow Everton". :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.